AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Community > Current Events
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Like Tree8Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
dereksbicycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 60202
Posts: 5,886
Send a message via AIM to dereksbicycles
Husband sells $23K ring for $10.00

Calif. Husband Sells $23,000 Ring for $10 - ABC News

What a funny story!!! If I was the husband, check to make sure that ring is not in the box. Someone made a mistake!! I am smelling a divorce if he does not replace the ring.

As matter of fact, I hope she divorces him. No women deserve a man that doesn't know what they're doing.
caz12 likes this.
dereksbicycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on AllDeaf.com
   
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In the tub
Posts: 646
OMG that's awful
I hope Blondy turn it back in!
__________________
"Even a mosquito doesn't get a slap on the back until he goes to work." ~Anonymous
Oink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
jonnyghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA, Earth
Posts: 1,536
That is sad. I hope they return it too. Maybe they didnt know it was real.
jonnyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
AlleyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my time zone
Posts: 12,002
Oops!
AlleyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
diehardbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fly Free!
Posts: 14,409
Sad? Indeed, but both are responsible for the mistake. Problem is wife didn't inform hubby that her ring was hidden in there. Hubby had no clue and sold, thinking it is useless box. Wife should have warned him, and HE should have checked thoroughly before put on sale. 50-50 end of story... sad!
__________________
J-MAC's quote: "People who try and fail are more superior than people who don't try at all"

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson (1778)

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo MUST go! We, the New Yorker had ENOUGH of Cuomo's BS!
diehardbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
FOX
 
Foxrac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Heart of Dixie
Posts: 39,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksbicycles View Post
Calif. Husband Sells $23,000 Ring for $10 - ABC News

What a funny story!!! If I was the husband, check to make sure that ring is not in the box. Someone made a mistake!! I am smelling a divorce if he does not replace the ring.

As matter of fact, I hope she divorces him. No women deserve a man that doesn't know what they're doing.
Divorce? That's very ridiculous.

They made mistake like DHB said above.
__________________


Stewie is gun nut, right?
Patriot Guard Riders
Beware of NSA and they are sending manhunt to your home.
Foxrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 01:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rio
Patriots Rock!
 
Rio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Patriots lockerroom
Posts: 13,661
Blog Entries: 60
Send a message via Skype™ to Rio
Wirelessly posted

Very sad indeed. They have to offer a reward on top ouch!
__________________




Ps.103:12 He washes our sins away into the ocean
Brady's back

Proverbs 17:9
Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends
Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
jonnyghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA, Earth
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbiker View Post
Sad? Indeed, but both are responsible for the mistake. Problem is wife didn't inform hubby that her ring was hidden in there. Hubby had no clue and sold, thinking it is useless box. Wife should have warned him, and HE should have checked thoroughly before put on sale. 50-50 end of story... sad!
I agree if you want to place blame but accidents do happen and I don't think it does any good in situations like this to start blaming anyone. At this point they can only hope someone brings the ring back and move on. At least it wasn't a family heirloom.
jonnyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
jonnyghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA, Earth
Posts: 1,536
I do have to say though I don't think I've ever gotten rid of a box without looking in it twice.
jonnyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Terp
 
Reba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 45,707


Someone with that expensive a ring is having a yard sale? Why does he need the money? Gambling debts? Bad investment?

In other words, is he putting in an insurance claim for this ring? Did he previously pawn it, and is trying to create a cover story?

Just something to think about.
Grummer likes this.
Reba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post


Someone with that expensive a ring is having a yard sale? Why does he need the money? Gambling debts? Bad investment?

In other words, is he putting in an insurance claim for this ring? Did he previously pawn it, and is trying to create a cover story?

Just something to think about.
well
Quote:
“Every year our community holds a garage sale. I was in the hospital, I just had a baby, so my husband thought it would be fun for my other kids if they could sell some things at the garage sale,” said Racquel Cloutier, 31, of Laguna Niguel, Calif., who owns the ring.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Terp
 
Reba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 45,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
well
So he says. The yard sale could be a convenient cover.

As someone who has had yard sales, the one word I would NOT use to describe setting up one is "fun." It takes a lot of time and effort.
Reba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
So he says. The yard sale could be a convenient cover.

As someone who has had yard sales, the one word I would NOT use to describe setting up one is "fun." It takes a lot of time and effort.
it's a nice activity to do with kids, I suppose?
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
So he says. The yard sale could be a convenient cover.

As someone who has had yard sales, the one word I would NOT use to describe setting up one is "fun." It takes a lot of time and effort.
I have seen yard sales in all types of neighborhoods where I live. And as Jiro pointed out in the post above yours this was a Community Wide Event. That doesn't surprise me; what does is not looking in the box before putting it up for sale.

It doesn't have to be that much work to have the kids put out a few things as part of a community event.

Last edited by Jane B.; 06-13-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Added info
Jane B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post


Someone with that expensive a ring is having a yard sale? Why does he need the money? Gambling debts? Bad investment?

In other words, is he putting in an insurance claim for this ring? Did he previously pawn it, and is trying to create a cover story?

Just something to think about.
No there nothing to think about at all. The ring could had been a family heirloom.
It was very dumb of the wife to not tell her husband when she had put the ring. She put it in an empty box and the husband could had thrown the box in the trash .
whatdidyousay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
So he says. The yard sale could be a convenient cover.

As someone who has had yard sales, the one word I would NOT use to describe setting up one is "fun." It takes a lot of time and effort.
Boy you sure a reading a lot into this. People do have yard sales for fun, some people have joint yards with their neighbors and made a party out it.
I have neighbors that have yard sales every summer, it's a great way to meet new neighbors. And kids loves to made money selling stuffs they do not want anymore. Chill out!
whatdidyousay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
Retired Terp
 
Reba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 45,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdidyousay! View Post
No there nothing to think about at all. The ring could had been a family heirloom.
It was very dumb of the wife to not tell her husband when she had put the ring. She put it in an empty box and the husband could had thrown the box in the trash .
Makes me wonder who pays $10 for an empty used watch box without opening it first?
Reba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User
 
dereksbicycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 60202
Posts: 5,886
Send a message via AIM to dereksbicycles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
Makes me wonder who pays $10 for an empty used watch box without opening it first?
I bet someone opened every boxes to see if anything was in it. When they opened that one box, they shut it fast!! Give the $10 and run off before anyone realized what happened. That would be my best scenario.
Reba, rockin'robin and Jiro like this.
dereksbicycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Terp
 
Reba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 45,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdidyousay! View Post
Boy you sure a reading a lot into this. People do have yard sales for fun, some people have joint yards with their neighbors and made a party out it.
I have neighbors that have yard sales every summer, it's a great way to meet new neighbors. And kids loves to made money selling stuffs they do not want anymore. Chill out!
What's to chill out? It doesn't bother me in the least. I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to look at all options.

You don't see any !!!!! or ALL CAPS or %$&*# in my posts do you?
Reba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
Makes me wonder who pays $10 for an empty used watch box without opening it first?
I bet the woman did open it and saw the ring . A honest person would had gone right back to house and given the ring back to the man. My sister and I when to yard sale once and saw a piece of furniture we liked and brought it. We picked it up to put in the car and something started to rattle around inside of it. The guy having the yard sale ran over and open it up and took out a handful of old sliver dollars. They belonged to my sister and me as we brought the furniture , but we did not say anything when I guy took the money. He had forgotten all about the sliver dollars and there where a lot of them. My sister and I did not look inside the furniture and had NO idea there was money in it. The guy should had gone to all pawn shops and looked on line to see it was being sold .
whatdidyousay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
What's to chill out? It doesn't bother me in the least. I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to look at all options.

You don't see any !!!!! or ALL CAPS or %$&*# in my posts do you?
I saw 'not' in caps . Maybe having yard sales are not fun to you but there are plenty of people that do think it's fun. And some rich people have yard sales too.
whatdidyousay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Retired Terp
 
Reba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 45,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdidyousay! View Post
I bet the woman did open it and saw the ring . A honest person would had gone right back to house and given the ring back to the man. My sister and I when to yard sale once and saw a piece of furniture we liked and brought it. We picked it up to put in the car and something started to rattle around inside of it. The guy having the yard sale ran over and open it up and took out a handful of old sliver dollars. They belonged to my sister and me as we brought the furniture , but we did not say anything when I guy took the money. He had forgotten all about the sliver dollars and there where a lot of them. My sister and I did not look inside the furniture and had NO idea there was money in it. The guy should had gone to all pawn shops and looked on line to see it was being sold .
We recently helped an elderly neighbor downsize her home. Some stuff was thrown out, some given to Goodwill, some sold thru consignment. I carefully checked each item for her before it left the house. We found lots of coins, currency, foreign money, important papers, and surprise weapons (ack!). You never know what people have stashed away.

When in doubt, I checked on-line for the value of items before sending them out, or got in-person appraisals from people we trusted.

Her family originally told her to just send everything to Goodwill. She did send a ton of stuff there. However, so far, we've gotten over $2,000 for her from consignment and personal sales for some of the stuff.
Reba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Retired Terp
 
Reba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 45,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdidyousay! View Post
I saw 'not' in caps . Maybe having yard sales are not fun to you but there are plenty of people that do think it's fun. And some rich people have yard sales too.
Sorry about the huge "not". Didn't mean to shout; just wanted it to be clear what I meant.

Still, I'm chillin'.
whatdidyousay! likes this.
Reba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User
 
jonnyghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA, Earth
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
...surprise weapons (ack!). ...
Armed to the teeth was she?
jonnyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Retired Terp
 
Reba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 45,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyghost View Post
Armed to the teeth was she?
Pretty close.
Reba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered User
 
jonnyghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA, Earth
Posts: 1,536
Nice, I love the stories where some thug tries to rob an elderly woman and gets a gun pointed up their nose or a good old fashioned beat down. I wonder how they explain that to their thug friends
jonnyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Grummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Posts: 14,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
So he says. The yard sale could be a convenient cover.

As someone who has had yard sales, the one word I would NOT use to describe setting up one is "fun." It takes a lot of time and effort.
interesting take,
now i know what to do with my old valves (tubes), rare ones but no body buys them here at good prices... lol
got me scheming now muwahahaha
__________________
Grummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
We recently helped an elderly neighbor downsize her home. Some stuff was thrown out, some given to Goodwill, some sold thru consignment. I carefully checked each item for her before it left the house. We found lots of coins, currency, foreign money, important papers, and surprise weapons (ack!). You never know what people have stashed away.

When in doubt, I checked on-line for the value of items before sending them out, or got in-person appraisals from people we trusted.

Her family originally told her to just send everything to Goodwill. She did send a ton of stuff there. However, so far, we've gotten over $2,000 for her from consignment and personal sales for some of the stuff.
I heard about someone buying a house for $60,000 and the seller told the buyer to throw away any 'junk' they did not want. It turn out the buyer found a painting that was worth more than the house! I think the painting was worth $100,000! I know someone that had Alzheimer and when he dies
a shoe box of money was found in the garage, luckily there was note in the box saying the money was for his grandson. We had a lot my dad old tools in the garage and when mom got to sick to live alone the house was sold , and my older sister and ex brother called the junk men to take everything in the garage. I was not told this and I when to the house and the junk men had cleaned out the whole garage and from the looks on their faces they where very happy . When I go to fleas markets now I will find old tools like my dad and it's very ironic to me because my older sister and ex brother are very money hungry and gave away all our dad old neat tools that people like to buy .
whatdidyousay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered User
 
jonnyghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA, Earth
Posts: 1,536
Thats sad. I have a draw knife and a couple of planes that where my grandfathers and a bunch of tool of my wifes grandfather. People that don't work with their hands don't have the same connection with such things.
jonnyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyghost View Post
Thats sad. I have a draw knife and a couple of planes that where my grandfathers and a bunch of tool of my wifes grandfather. People that don't work with their hands don't have the same connection with such things.
My dad had a buckle factory and he made other things too like bells and cool pins and he had some in the garage . The bells where nothing like the cheap ones in the store today.

dad made studs that looked like the Jughead wore on his hat from Archie.
jonnyghost likes this.
whatdidyousay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.