"youtube" site for the deaf???

shengchieh

Reaction score
Hi!

Just restarted looking at what is out there (online) that has CC. It's crazy looking around .

Wouldn't it be great if there was a "youtube-like" site for the deaf? That is a site
that has ONLY videos with either CC and/or ASL. There is already sites that has videos
that are Christian only, family-friendly only, etc. Why not a site that is deaf-friendly?
Or is there a site already like this (I doubt it)???

Just an idea. Maybe someone more technical-minded can startup something???

Your thought?

Sheng-Chieh

That's a neat site. How about any video site that has CC?

Btw, how much difference is there between ASL and BSL?

Sheng-Chieh

Sheng-Chieh

BSL is different to ASL, I am from Australia myself - BSL and AUSLAN is similar and there is few Vlogs in the website I provided, with CC - but hard to find, but fortunately, there is a website somewhere in Alldeaf.com, one of the AD'ers sumbitted that has CC in any video.. Need to find it somewhere...

I went to Scotland for study abroad thinking I'd figure out BSL quickly. Not quickly enough to pass one of my classes though.

That would be totally cool..I wish someone would make it though. We could add other clips and add the CC into the video clip that the website already has one for us. I wish we could talk to the Youtube people, owners of the site to add a option for the videos if we wanted to use CC because we and they know that deaf people watches youtube too.

Sheng-Chieh

you cannot ask everybody to do the subtitle or cc on their "personal" video. It's lot of work than I thought.

you cannot ask everybody to do the subtitle or cc on their "personal" video. It's lot of work than I thought.
That's right.

If you wanted to make a site that has CC or subtitled videos for deaf people, then you would have to make it a requirement before people upload their videos.

"All videos uploaded must be captioned/subtitled. If they are not, they will be removed."

Of course, this won't matter... cuz everyone will simply go to YouTube instead.

Something like youtube aren't meant for deaf people I guess. It's just lucky that some people doesn't mind add subtitles to their video.

BTW, I would think it's a lot worser having ASL being translated into English than Spoken English into written English? That's why it's a lot tougher for deaf peers (or ppl who used sign language) rather than hearing peers.

Only way you can have it your way is if you made it into a law. Majority of lover of reluctor will probably win. :/

Back