You're single. Enjoy Christmas....

Man Up!

Dude, there are many reasons for and against marriage, but, I have to say, the most paramount reason should be because you want to.

And, if this is the first Christmas you're spending with this person they should not be expecting a ring(baring another edition expectation). Furthermore, if they can't wait more than a year for a ring then they certainly can't spend an entire lifetime with someone. I'm no expert on relationships, but patience is a pretty important characteristic, I believe.

Don't compare being single with being with someone, they are two totally different things, sometimes better and sometimes worse. It's more important that you are happy.

She is at an age where friends are starting to get married. She sees shower gifts, pretty dresses, and flowers. She may not even really seriously want to be married, she just wants to not be left behind. She might just want to wave her hand at her friends, jump around and scream, and cut dress pictures out of a magazine while practicing signing her new name.

She has kind of been doing that since about 7th grade. You are probably the closest she has come to living that out. It's a girl thing. You two should actually sit together and say what your expectations/readiness levels are. If she loves you she will probably throttle down. If she loves the idea of being a bride more than you, better to find out now, because being a bride is WAY more glamorous than being a wife.

being single at the holidays sucks... It's lonely.

I wouldn't wish it on anyway... Be grateful for anyone you do have.

I've yet to spend a christmas with a significant other in my 28 yrs on this planet...

get her a plastic friendship ring! ahaha let the good times roll

There is always the next Christmas this year-a few months away!

Back