your parents get remarried how you feels?

sara1981

Reaction score
many million parents got divorces when you were young and your parents got remarried and divorces they more married to nice man and woman..

im learn that my mom told me that my dad got married again this Nov im not sure what day on Nov around to Becky im totally nervous to watch my dad as married man but Becky will become my new step-mother in my family when she married to my dad im hope she will care of my dad.

i wont have wedding planners for my dad's wedding but i have no idea who will be responsible for my dad's wedding..

But my parents got divorces in 1990 when i was 9 years old and my mom got remarried in years laters but my dad wait get remarried but my dad been dating some nice girls.

Last edited:
My parents got divorced when I was 14 months old. My dad got custody. He got married again when I was three years old. I don't remember my biological mother at all.

My parents separated before I was born even tho i keep contact with my dad.

I wish my mom would find someone special and maybe get remarried that way, not only would she be happy, but she'd get off my back! :laugh2:

My mother never remarried after my father died but she was engaged for a while. Her fiance died. I probably won't mind if she remarried since it was so many years after my father's death.

It is important to support your parents when they are re-marrying for the second time around. Remember they do need their children to support them and assure them they are behind the marriage.

Acceptance of the new "parent" is vital to the success of the marriage as well.

My Dad got remarried when I was only fifteen... a year after my mom has passed away. I was pissed... hurt and angry about the marriage but I didn't say a word about it because all I wanted was Dad to be happy. They now been married for 7 years and well... let's just say that his wife and I don't get along that well... hardly get along actually. Dad knows this and sure it bothers him a bit... but he knows there's nothing that he can do about it... he loves his wife and he loves me, and he wants both of us to be in his life so he just accepts the situation.

My dad remarried when I was 14 years old. I love my step-mom and my kids call her grandma although my mom is still alive. She is a HUGE part of our family. I cant imagine my dad without her.

My mom never remmarried and she is currently single. I wish she would go out and meet people but she puts walls around her and wont let anyone in. *sighs*

My mother never remarried after my father died but she was engaged for a while. Her fiance died. I probably won't mind if she remarried since it was so many years after my father's death.

oh really..

my grandmother never remarried when my late grandfather's passed away in 1976 but my grandmother been widow for 19 years since 1976-1995 they now my grandma got remarried in June 1995 for 14 years to her wonderful second husband but her second husband also widow that his first wife dies in 1994.

mostly parents never get remarried due for reasons because children want kept mom or dad happy whether spouse died.

my great-grandmother also widow when my great-grandfather died in March 1995 but my great-grandmother is too old get remarried.

my mom would vows never get remarried again because my step-dad's passed away in June 2000.

My dad and mom got a divorced when I was about 14 or 15 years old, When my dad found the woman of his dreams, he proposed to her in front of us, and at first I was uncomfortable with it because I thought she may be another person like my biological mother who I never seemed to get along with, but the more I got to know her, the more I learned to accepted her as my step-mother.

I wouldn't mind if my boys father marries, as long as his future wife show her love and care for my boys then I wouldn't have a problem.

My parents were divorced when I was 15 years old. My father remarried 3rd time and my mother remarried 3rd time as well. If I were them, I'd not remarried for 3rd time. Oh, well... *sighs*

My father died when I was only 13 years old. My mother didn't get married again after several years later.

When I learnt of her getting married again, I was happy for her. I believe my father would have wanted to see her happy again. My parents had been married for 21 (or 22) years until my father's death. Now my mother has been married to her second husband for almost 21 years.

:giggle: :giggle: ur kids will probbly be saying the same thing about you one day!

Famous last words, eh? Yeah, I know how it seems.

It's just that there were problems from Day 1, and I was 3 or 5 when they remarried, and the only reason why it was manageable for everyone involved was because we only saw each others... maybe like one weekend out of a whole month. Just things are going downhill now he quit his old job, and is in-town more often.

* sighs *

Just two people that only managed to stand each others by distance suddenly mixed together.

I hope mom will find someone that is more compatible with her values-- she seems to go for the more traditional types. After all she been through throughout her life, she deserve a nice guy-- if she decide to remarry for the third time after a 15-20 years mismatched relationship.

My parents divorced when I was in my 20's. None have remarried. My mom does have a bf for over 10 years. My dad is still single.

Back