Your Opinion.

WhisperHorse

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I was talking with my sweetie, Robert. He talked to me about his mom and I felt bad for him until he told me something about his friend, Im pretty puzzled and wonder if its not right for him to do that or what, I just want to ask few of you or mostly of you for your opinion about it, is he too fast to asking his girlfriend to marry him and they are only together for almost two months, and they knew each other for few months, I would say around 6 months? So, I just dont want to see something happen to his friend to getting hurt or whatever like that, so is he too fast or its okay for him to do that? Im just curious about your opinion and also his friend asked him to giving him the advice and he talked to me about it and I want to say right words to him but, I dont want to hurt his feeling and I want to say right words.. So, if anyone of you help and give me advice and such like that, I would thank you for that *grins*

Yes, I do think that is pretty quick to ask someone to marry at 2 months together. I would suggest that he wait a while to see how far along their relationship would last, because if he rush into marriage it might won't last long and divorce is always a messy situation. :)

Honestly, there is no 'iron' rule about this relationship/marriage issue. I know the couple who married within only three months of steadying and have been married for almost 30 years with no problem. While I know the other couple who had been steadying for 11 years before married, when they married and they end up divorced within only one week of marriage. Not only that couples but there are plenty couples who went like that.. I really don't believe in time-frame at all, if they both are happy together and they have enough finance for marriage and such then they can go for it and marry if they want to...

It is largely depend on individuals.. communications, ability to be understanding, etc etc.. make the difference in relationship/marriage.

That's my opinion.

Cheri said:
Yes, I do think that is pretty quick to ask someone to marry at 2 months together. I would suggest that he wait a while to see how far along their relationship would last, because if he rush into marriage it might won't last long and divorce is always a messy situation. :)
yea i agree with u!!!!! *amen*

Depend on their hearts feel so right and so much love. As they are together and planning to get married alittle longer. It will be good idea for them to live together and learn each other more. If they want to get married in 1 yr later and know they are so right for each other. it is fine. Really, just depend on people s feelings for each other. Wish your friend best luck and hope he is make right decison with his girl!
MC
Mommyof3

Cheri said:

Thank you for telling me your opinion.

Yeah, I do agree with you that I think thats quick.. But hard to say to him and explain without hurt his feeling. I would try to explain him about it to seeing if he understand.

Thank you again.

Magatsu said:
Honestly, there is no 'iron' rule about this relationship/marriage issue. I know the couple who married within only three months of steadying and have been married for almost 30 years with no problem. While I know the other couple who had been steadying for 11 years before married, when they married and they end up divorced within only one week of marriage. Not only that couples but there are plenty couples who went like that.. I really don't believe in time-frame at all, if they both are happy together and they have enough finance for marriage and such then they can go for it and marry if they want to...

It is largely depend on individuals.. communications, ability to be understanding, etc etc.. make the difference in relationship/marriage.

That's my opinion.

Thank you for telling me your opinion.

Oh, you know some of couples who did married in quick and been together for long time? Wow, hmmm... Now, sort of hard to telling him about it and explain him. But I would try to talk to him soon as possible as I can.

Thank you again.

Mommyof3 said:
Depend on their hearts feel so right and so much love. As they are together and planning to get married alittle longer. It will be good idea for them to live together and learn each other more. If they want to get married in 1 yr later and know they are so right for each other. it is fine. Really, just depend on people s feelings for each other. Wish your friend best luck and hope he is make right decison with his girl!
MC
Mommyof3

Thank you for telling me your opinon.

Ohh, just depend on their hearts for love, happy, and etc? That sounds good idea to say. I will try to talking to him about it and explain him without hurt his feeling, I hope.. I will need some luck *grins* me too, I hope he makes right decison with his girlfriend.

Thank you again.

Magatsu said:
Honestly, there is no 'iron' rule about this relationship/marriage issue. . .
That's my opinion.
I agree.

My hubby and I dated for about three months before we became engaged. Then we married two months later. That was over 32 years ago.

Reba said:
I agree.

My hubby and I dated for about three months before we became engaged. Then we married two months later. That was over 32 years ago.

You been married over 32 years? Wow. Thank you. Im going to talk to my friend tomorrow and telling him. *grins* Thank you again

Sweetheart, you did not mention his age as age does make a difference.

If it was me, I would tell my friend something like this " I am happy that you found someone special that you feel you could share your life with but are you both truly committed to each other, especially through trying times? Do you realize it is for LIFE? Please ask her hard questions first such as her view of life, children, finances, religion, career goals, etc to really know answers. I wish you both the best but please remember if it is true love, it can wait and prevail."

Hope this makes sense. As long as a couple is truly devoted to each other unconditionally, it does not matter how long they dated before marrying. I ve see many dating for years then get married only to divorce a year later. On the other hand, Ive seen many meeting then marrying in a short time and end up married happily ever after for many years.

Commitment is the key.

Magatsu seems right on target with this topic. No one knows for sure what is right for every couple. Personally, it takes me a good 2 or 3 months just to get to know someone and trust what I feel about them. Most of us are on our best bahavior for that amount of time at least! Many of us are wise about matters of the heart but I confess I am one who could never trust my heart for at least a few months.

It's wonderful to hear the fairy tale stories though. It's so nice to know that soul mates are meeting and falling in love everywhere. :kiss:

Sweetexpress said:
Magatsu seems right on target with this topic. No one knows for sure what is right for every couple. Personally, it takes me a good 2 or 3 months just to get to know someone and trust what I feel about them. Most of us are on our best bahavior for that amount of time at least! Many of us are wise about matters of the heart but I confess I am one who could never trust my heart for at least a few months.

It's wonderful to hear the fairy tale stories though. It's so nice to know that soul mates are meeting and falling in love everywhere. :kiss:

I agreed with that.. Thank you for telling me your opinion.. Im going to see him tomorrow and talking abt it.. I hope that I say to him in good way, not bad way. :ty: *grins*

Thank you again.

Ahhh.....

2 months?...I dunno about that, I would say it's depending on each couple, some last long, some don't, so the best advice will be given is to take your time before rushing into a lifetime marriage cause not all end up in a marriage that last a lifetime

That's why we have too many divorce going on in the country of ours today.....

take your time and think before popping up that question to someone you think or feel is the one for you just to save your $$$ on a nasty divorce!.....

Reba said:
I agree.

Wow, you obviously must be a good in the bed for 32 years ! Congrats Reba !

Back