Your child... Injured or hurt.

Oh, yeah. I already related one story in Jiro's thread. My son also had grand mal type febrile seizures until he was about 9. He would stop breathing during these, and turn blue. He didn't have to have a fever to have one; he could just be playing outside and get too hot. We had a tough time finding meds to control them, so he had several before we got the right combination of meds. Everytime he had one, even though I knew exactly what was happening and knew how to handle it if he didn't come out of it in a particular amount of time, it was the most frightening thing I ever went through. I asked his pediatrician once when I would ever get used to seeing it. He said, "You know, I'm a doctor, and I've seen hundreds of seizures. I've never gotten used to it."

Oh, yeah. I already related one story in Jiro's thread. My son also had grand mal type febrile seizures until he was about 9. He would stop breathing during these, and turn blue. He didn't have to have a fever to have one; he could just be playing outside and get too hot. We had a tough time finding meds to control them, so he had several before we got the right combination of meds. Everytime he had one, even though I knew exactly what was happening and knew how to handle it if he didn't come out of it in a particular amount of time, it was the most frightening thing I ever went through. I asked his pediatrician once when I would ever get used to seeing it. He said, "You know, I'm a doctor, and I've seen hundreds of seizures. I've never gotten used to it."

OH wow!

It is never easy for a parent to see their child sick or injured. No matter how may times "others" may know or seen it.

Back