You Phone Deafie Phone User Problems

Lukin

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this subject has been brought up before, so I'll just get straight to the annoying point. :roll:

1. Interrupt conversations while using phone

I'm quite tired of this, frankly. When you were in a middle of important talk, your phone vibrated and check it immediately, thus ignoring your talker.

2. Texting while driving

This is too much of a hazard. In fact, statistically this is more dangerous than drunk driving. I had an Italian friend from Alcoholic Anonymous meeting (Italians are the worst drivers in Europe). He literally drove all over the road while using phone. This scared me and I never rode with him again.

3. Texting while watching a movie

This also can be very annoying. Especially when you knew an important scene coming up.

That's all I can think of.

Any more ideas? Post them here.

i manage to ignore my pager but only look at who paged me if it were my kids then i will stop somewhere in a quiet time to check on kids. Others i can ignore. :)

I once used my E Bay app to list items on E Bay while I was at Target with my now ex girlfriend. She wasn't too happy that I used that time to list on E Bay.

Things I hate....people talking loudly over the phone in a store, people talking on the phone in an elevator, people talking loudly over the phone on the train, people talking on the phone in the restroom. Seriously....get over yourself and putting the ^%GH phone down!

Laura

Talking or texting or browsing on a phone tells everyone around you (hearing or Deaf) that they are not worth your time.
It is offensive and should not be tolerated.

The issue of texting or even talking on the phone while driving makes me so mad because I have had to swerve to avoid a collision at least weekly because some hearing person was too busy talking on the phone.

We need to realize that cars are/can easily become a lethal weapon. Driving a car is a privilige NOT a right. If you value the incoming text or phone call over the lives of the drivers around you, you shouldn't drive.

If you think I'm a bit militant in my view, I guess I am. But I've also been a first responder at multi fatality accidents where the fault was either that one driver was distracted or on the phone (aka distracted).

Face to face interactions should take precedence over phone or text conversations.

If you think I'm a bit militant in my view, I guess I am. But I've also been a first responder at multi fatality accidents where the fault was either that one driver was distracted or on the phone (aka distracted).

Face to face interactions should take precedence over phone or text conversations.

I don't think that's militant. In my city, on my street, we had a man walking across the street to visit his wife in the nursing home. A women in an SUV was driving while talking on the cellphone and - no idea why or how - but she didn't see this man and plowed into him. I don't think his poor wife was capable of understanding he was gone, but his family knew. To think her children witnessed this too. What does it take for people to get that you're not that important? Drive or talk/text on the phone - don't do both.

Laura

I don't think that's militant. In my city, on my street, we had a man walking across the street to visit his wife in the nursing home. A women in an SUV was driving while talking on the cellphone and - no idea why or how - but she didn't see this man and plowed into him. I don't think his poor wife was capable of understanding he was gone, but his family knew. To think her children witnessed this too. What does it take for people to get that you're not that important? Drive or talk/text on the phone - don't do both.

Laura

Yes!
I think since most of us drive somewhere every day it becomes so ingrained that it seems like an act we can perform from rote memory (like brushing your teeth). We need to be mindful that when we drive, we are driving what is essentially a loaded gun or other weapon. Without proper attention and care we could do something that will haunt us for the rest of our lives.

I can't imagine what the family of the man you described went through. My father was struck by a distracted driver 11 years ago while he was riding his motorcycle. He spent weeks in the ICU but survived.

When I see careless drivers I just want to give them a glimpse into what my family experienced and the anxieties that I have had since that day when I was 13.

Hahaha I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that. I text sometimes during a movie...okay the majority of the time depending on whose texting me. It doesn't distract me from the film though. My ex always texts and drives. I hate that he does that. Plus he drives super fast sometimes. I hated being in the car with him. Glad I don't have to go through that again. I still worry about his safety though even if things didn't work out between him and I. I really hope he stops what he does before it's too late.

Back