You Might As Well Teach Me Klingon

When I brought it up during a therapy session once a few months ago, the psychologist suggested it is not so much the Klingon comment that bother me but perhaps rather the physical act of grabbing my hands since stopping a Deaf person from signing is akin to rape on a psychological level. However that therapist is not really trained to deal with deaf clients, so I am not really sure what to make of her assessment. So I rather hear what you guys have to say.

Ohhh if someone did that to me, I WILL lose my temper and could resort to some behaviors I normally dont act on. That goes way way way beyond disrespect...way beyond.

I apologize guys for not making things more clear. It is in there in my original post:

"Anyway, she got so frustrated, she grabbed my hands, told me to stop and mouthed"

Only reason why it didn't come to light was because I wasn't sure if it was the place or time to bring up several weeks worth of sessions about this event in my life on a public forum. However the feelings association with those seven words repeating in my head most likely masked the root of it.

Last edited:
Back