World Deaf Swimming Championships in Taiwan

USDSDeafSwimmer

Reaction score
The World Deaf Swimming Championships will be help August 8-17th in Taipei, Taiwan.

One of the greatest honors an athlete is bestowed is the invitation to represent his country at International competition. I have been selected to a twelve member team to represent the USA at the World Deaf Swimming Championships in Taipei, Taiwan this August. In addition, a win at this competitions should secure a spot in time trials for the 2009 Deaflympics!

I am a freshman at the Gallaudet University in Washington, DC , and have represented my school through participation on the university swim team. During my freshman year I have already beaten four of the University’s swim records in the 200 medley relay (twice!), the 200 freestyle relay, and the 400 freestyle relay. I previously swam for Riverside High School in Painesville Township, Ohio during both my Junior and Senior year. Prior to that I swam with the Eastlake (2004-2005) and the Wickliffe Water Devils (2000-2003) summer swim leagues. I am a resident of Concord, OH.

Although I am a member of USA Swimming, United States Deaf Swimming, and the USA Deaf Sports Federation, the burden of cost for training and international competition is entirely mine. The USA Deaf Sports Federation, an affiliate national governing body of the USOC, is not a USOC funded entity. While able-bodied and paralympic athletes receive training and travel funds, deaf athletes do not. Projected cost per athlete for World Deaf Swimming Championships is $5,000 and projected training cost per athlete is $1,500. This does not include the financial costs of coach, dry land training, and pool use that I will incur during May, June, and July as I prepare. You can learn more about United States Deaf Swimming and USA Deaf Sports Federation at USDS - United States Deaf Swimming and USA Deaf Sports Federation - Welcome! respectively. My personal website is deaf swimmer | World Championships Taipei Taiwan 2007.

We are requesting sponsership for Team USA and USDS. You can download a sponsership card from USDS - United States Deaf Swimming. USDS is a non-profit 501c3 organization. Your sponsership is tax deductable. Don't forget to mention that you heard about USDS from me! Please help Team USA go for the Gold! You can contact me with furthur questions.

Sincerely,

Kristoffer William Lee Lauderbaugh

Back