Work from Home? Not sure...

desmistyroses33

Reaction score
I have been searching for work at/from home since 2 or 3 weeks. I'm not sure which the real home business are? I have tried to fill out the information as a few but I am afraid if there are scams or something. I was testing on it at first to make sure if it's not scam then I'd go for it but I did not intend to. Just got a free information from their company, but I'm so lucky that I did not pay anything from them. I have no idea or clue about them and don't see anything approved by BBB. So, I threw them away in the trash. It's not worths it. I'm thinking how can I trust them? So, I think I better not buy their story. Just because I have seen there are under no BBB or any security on their websites too many. I'm trying to find and pick a right work at home for real. Hmm... I would like to ask you.. Should I join BBB to become a member first or what? I am kinda of new to them.

Suppose if that was failing to find a job for work at home then I might keep looking for the career opportunity in any place at part-time instead of work at home. I feel that it'd might be better safe than sorry. Do you think or know any of the manager/supervisor will accept to hire the hearing impaired people that will approve to work at any kind of jobs? I know in my area that I have hard time to find a job there. I don't know what am I supposed to do?

Ok, I wonder to ask you what's your best suggestion? Can you help me out or explain me about more information that I can understand more clear. Also, I would hear your opinions or knowledges about that too. Well, Hope foward to hear from you soon.

Thanks for your time,
Michelle from Ohio :)

Well, first of all, you did the right thing, throw out the information about working at home because they are mostly scams and they are trying to lure you into giving out money for something that doesn't exist. However, there may be some genuine work at home jobs but you have to look hard and like you said, check with BBB to see if that company is registered or approved by the BBB.

Since you are from Ohio, (I'm living in NW Ohio right now) I have seen many factories and warehouses in NW Ohio, you can ask Human Resources to see if there are any jobs you can work at home, assemblying things or do some kind of paperwork at home with the assistance of a computer, if you own one. There are some hospitals that hire people to do medical transcripts or something like that (I can't remember the correct title of that position right now) but the problem is you have to be trained and familiar with their product before being able to work on them. Ask your local community college to find that kind of class and pay a small fee then you will be working at home, 30,000 to 45,000 dollars per year, typing up papers for your local hospital.

If you really want to work at home, don't give up, just keep on looking and look for sites around the Internet that help people find jobs at home because most of the time, there would be people who just had an accident at work but are not getting work comp or any kind of monetary assistance so they can work at home to earn money or pregnant women can stay at home and work without stressing themselves any further if their real job at where they work, is hard and laborious. There are some sites devoted to that kind of thing so you got to look around.

The true "work at home" jobs are the ones where you are your own boss, you can set up your own business and run it from the luxury of your home. If you are business-wise, and know how to set one up, then come up with some ideas of what to run at home and if you are ready and have the money to set one up with the government, then you are all set! There are many dot coms businesses that are running out of homes rather than a corporate office. Imagine the revenue you can make if you set up a business to meet a lot of people's demands, you could be raking in thousands, millions or billions of dollars if you hit the jackpot! :D

Hope this help!

Thanks for informations.. I gonna looking foward to this and will have to talk with Human Resources to ask about that.

One thing is I don't have any business yet because I am on SSI and unemployment for a long time. So, I never thought I would love to become a deaf business of my own, but I don't know where to start a business. I'm not sure which job do I want to be like a graphic designer or sell things like ILY T-Shirts, Mugs, Notebook and different kinds of something simple to work at home or other. Umm... And also, I know about html, but I don't know anything about Macromedia Flash, Javascript, Perl, DHTML, and etc besides I know some about PSP 8 including animation shop. Some company do require to have the 2 or more years experience to work as being a graphic designer. That's one problem. I've thought about planning to go college but I don't want to unless if I have to. I am thinking what if there are any places or someone who can help to teach me some graphic design course like 3-6 months to one year instead of go to college. I don't know.. I am trying to think hard to figure out how can I become a deaf success business for my future. I am not going to give it up that I am continue keep trying to do my best as I can.

Hmm.. Any ideas or suggestions? Let me know.

there's many ways you can work at home... if you're computer programmer you can go to companies asking if they need any programs to fix their compueters make their software work.. then they explain what they want (like a freelance programmer) then you go home.. do the work.. finish it.. give to t he company they pay you thick money..

if you have a hobbies.. you can work in garage (i dunno if you're a man or woman but heck who cares) fixing their stuff.. in ur garage for them have ur small business.

i know some people are medical scenctery.. many of those people work at home filling claims.. take some schooling for this.

i know there's several home based business that you sell things.. some of them work for example SMC corp.. they work.. but you have to be serious in selling those stuff.. many of them sell them on ebay, yahoo, or online store.

there's many ways you can be creative and work at home.. :cheers: and yeah many those companies luring people.. i will say 95% of them are SCAM

I been gone that experienced, good thing I found out they re Fraud and Scam. Only way u can find home job such like Avon, Mary Kay, any store want u to sell, under business provide u, and most of time medical hospital, they always behind from typist on computer or papers work. I just thought to give u some advices here.

Beside its nice to be stay home while u take care kids, so u can have some quaily times with ur kids. Also, do errands at ur time space. Its awesome. Very Flexiable..

I work for Melaleuca, and I'm part of a group called Staying at Home and Loving it. As it's expected with any business you do at home, you do have to pay a small amount, but it's very worth doing. My personal example: My first month I made $150 (July), then for August I made $730. It all depends on how fast you want to move. Some people just want to be customers, others want to earn a good income to replace their jobs.

Brief explanation of Melaleuca:

This is a company that promotes wellness and almost all of their products have natural tea tree oil in them (the ones that doesnt are in the make up section), and ALL of their products are non-toxic and non-caustic. They have been with the Better Business Buerau (BBB) since 1987, and also have some EPA certified products (which means its strong enough to kill Hepitatis C strain virus, E. Coli, etc).

When I talk to people about the company I dont talk about $$$$ I talk about the products because thats the focal point of Melaleuca. Unlike Amway, Quixtar, etc we sell products not just a business. What I've seen with the 12 that I have enrolled so far, they all have loved it and they want to contintue as repeat customers.

I myself am looking for people who want to try products out and make a business out of it. heather.shali@gmail.com

owner

well i can say i work from home... i rent a garage .and buy old motorcycles and fix them up and sell them. i do build up choppers and other things for people who know me...but basicly i am still trying to get to the point where i will be buying and selling old harleys .

PPL, Thanks for the tips... I was searching on the internet then I found out that Goodwill will provide the ppl a training and evaluation in any varies of their job do what they want to be and they will put them a job replacement or career or something after train be done. So, I did send it to the goodwill coordinator about my explanation (sp) for my future career, so she (she know me as well as I do know her besides she was transferred to work at goodwill from BVR that I did not know she worked there that was suprised me.) told me that I'd have to contact with BVR (my old caseworker) that she will have to request her to do the paperwork with me .. Probably next week or so.. I dunno... Wait and see... I'd find out more about that and will ask them about what do I want to be. I m pretty sure they would understand then probably provide me for what I need to learn something before I will be ready and become more responsible to sell things or something like that..

Well.. I guess that's all for now.. I hope that I will work at home someday when I finished learning at the goodwill then I will not have to worry about so that way I will prepare to be ready for my future career to success.. Wish me a good luck? Will ya?

Thanks many, many of you helped me to understand what's going on. I appreciated your advices.. :)

Oh, Oops! I forgot to tell you one thing.. I will let you know what's going on at the Goodwill between BVR? See what would happen soon? I can't wait to hear from them soon.

Work from home opportunities is really for those who have the stamina to make it work for them. They market many of these home based business as easy starters when theyre really not. They oftentimes require a lot of attention, money, and work. A work at home opportunity is like a big wheel that requires a lot of energy and resources to get going. It dont work for you unless you can really push the wheel to make it go.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
Work from home opportunities is really for those who have the stamina to make it work for them. They market many of these home based business as easy starters when theyre really not. They oftentimes require a lot of attention, money, and work. A work at home opportunity is like a big wheel that requires a lot of energy and resources to get going. It dont work for you unless you can really push the wheel to make it go.

Richard

Yep, with Melaleuca you can just be a customer and if you want to do a business there's no quota to meet or anything monthly so you can either move fast or take your time. I was so deseprate to recieve checks due to no job for 3 years, so I moved fast. My friend is just interested in gas money so she's taking her time. It all depends on what YOU want to do :)

Hey, I'm working with Agel that sell 4 products- EXO, OHM, FIT, and MIN with gel suspension technology. The company is new and is doing great and will be successful as time goes. These products are real cool and are benefit to health!

There are more information about the company, if you're interested about financial freedom then email me: phoenix7tk@gmail.com

Thanks!

Yes, you better research and look for something fits you the best. There are way too many home-based business opportunities out there. It would be more than 75% scams out there not as 95% like somebody or they usually say. Long story but be aware.

It takes will and real commitment too make it all works and earn good money at least. It taught me so good since I have tried a few in the past. Learn the mistakes and improve in time and know more the better off you would be. I did the same at the beginning back then. Risks something worth the effort but make sure it's a good risk .. not a bad risk if you understand me meant. Remmy that business is a business that includes risks so use your judgment and business-wise. It takes time and effort, eventually.

Make sure it does moviate you that something you love to do or it will get real boring doing the same work in the run that you wouldn't enjoy and end up a failure. Remember that.

Be patience yet peristence. It pays. I wish you the best endeavoring into the world of home-based business. I will help point you to few links for now while I do have other good links but those were not bookmarked in my laptop but on my pc so I will post it in later, dude.

For now .. check these links for the starters:

Home Business Online

A Home-Based Business Online

Entrepeneur.com - Home-based Business, At Home Business Opportunities

Agel websites

Hey guys,

I forget to give you websites for Agel- please check it out! www.whyagel.com and www.geldocs.com. The company's main website is www.agel.com.

The company is young (set up in last October) and located in over 10 countries! It focus on helping people and at the same time earn residental income! It offer unique compensation plans unlike other companies, the website I provided will explain more about it. Good thing about it is that it start to be more deaf friendly =) It's different from Quixtar, MaryKay, Melaleuca, etc...the website will tell you why.

Let me know if you're interesting in products or joining, thanks!

Take care~

Tom

Home Based Business Opportunity

I am a Herbalife Distributor. We have many health, skin care and nutrition products and also weightloss products. We are in the top three direct selling businesses.
You can start just selling products to people you know. Then you can slowly build to a great home business with fantastic income. We have wonderful training that explains everything in great detail.
We are in business over 25 years and our shares sell on New York Stock Exchange. So you know this is not scam. Let me know if you want more information.

Have you tried a Home-Based business and failed?

Have you tried a Home-Based Business and failed? or... are you in a Home-Based Business and failing? before you do anything else with your Home Based Business Career, check out this site for some very valuable FREE info.

http://bradypaulson.magneticsponsoringonline.com

Glorie

Agel

Hey, if you wish to know more about Agel- you can work part time and yet earn $5,000 to $10,000 per month! They are working on to make business more deaf friendly, my mentor is a deaf and his aunt is a friend of David and Ann Feinstein (David is the former business manager of the Rolling Stones, Lou Graham of
Foreigner, Michael Bolton, and others! Ann has built an International Business for the past 18 years in 13 countries!). Agel is still doing very successful and it's best chance to join while it's in early stage so that way you can have money rolling in. If you wish to learn more then we can have a three way chat with me and my mentor or his aunt or Ann. I want to emphasis that Agel is a serious business, not scam or anything like that. Why not contact me for more info or make an appointment for three-way chat?

Thanks!

TOM

Thank you for everything about the infos, but I found out there are no good for me and lost some money to waste so it's not worths it. I learned my lesson. I guess thats all I can say for now. many thanks to you. Have a nice blessing week. :wave:

home job or business

I'm still trying to find a home job or business that doesn't involve telemarketing or sales. I'm barred from getting a job from home. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Back