Work at home fraud

PaulaJC

Reaction score
:cry:Please becareful. There is a deaf woman recruiting workers for a work at home job. It costs $750 to sign up and then when you pay that, they require you to pay $2000 for delivery of a FREE vehicle (not free),$5000, laptop and printer! I paid all that and still nothing. Was told I won money from the company drawing. (won 65,000) and that I had to pay $5000 to get that money, the car, $5000, laptop and printer! What a scam! I am out $2750 and the "company" will not reimburse me that amount. Supposedly the company is based in Nigeria..

Please be aware they are scamming deaf people and telling them they are getting these items. I did not get anything.. :(

Sorry to hear that....and hope you've got urself a lawyer. If it's too good to believe, then believe it's a scam!...Never, ever send $$ to Nigeria! Dunno how old you are, but these scams have been going around a very long time, and are targeting the deafies. So wise up!

30rsava.jpg

I'm sorry!! I just can't believe people still fall for that crap.

You fell for it not only once, but several times!

Wow!

Sorry to hear that....and hope you've got urself a lawyer. If it's too good to believe, then believe it's a scam!...Never, ever send $$ to Nigeria! Dunno how old you are, but these scams have been going around a very long time, and are targeting the deafies. So wise up!

Hi Rockin Robin, I am 39 and yes I am kicking myself in the head! I knew about Nigerian scams.. but this woman is in South Dakota and Deaf.. she befriended me on facebook. Told me personal things about her life and how happy she was about this job that is wanting to help deafs. She kept talking to me over and over.. it wasnt an email scam or lottery scam.

Today I found others who are part of this and one deaf lady quit the job because she knew collecting the money was wrong. I think what is happening is the Nigerian company is using the deaf lady to scam other deafs. I am really upset. I notified the FBI and told them everything. I have proof.. I hope they stop her because she is getting money from other deafs..

People who are desperate for a job fall for these schemes.

:|

Yes you are right! Although, I am not desperate, but she offered a stay at home job. That is what I need.... I learned a very expensive lesson and I feel that I must help others now..

Hi Rockin Robin, I am 39 and yes I am kicking myself in the head! I knew about Nigerian scams.. but this woman is in South Dakota and Deaf.. she befriended me on facebook. Told me personal things about her life and how happy she was about this job that is wanting to help deafs. She kept talking to me over and over.. it wasnt an email scam or lottery scam.

Today I found others who are part of this and one deaf lady quit the job because she knew collecting the money was wrong. I think what is happening is the Nigerian company is using the deaf lady to scam other deafs. I am really upset. I notified the FBI and told them everything. I have proof.. I hope they stop her because she is getting money from other deafs..
Or... it's all fake. You can find pictures of anyone anywhere.

They probably are all in Nigeria, but made an account acting like a deaf woman in America.

I've gotten IMs from people claiming to be deaf people offering to help me with money and scams, when they're actually trying to scam me.

Anytime someone offers you a great deal, don't take it as a real thing. Do your research. Check their website. Make sure it's legitimate. Check all contact information.

Many of these fake websites have the following... bad design, lack of contact information, wrong contact information, out-of-USA contact information, use weird money info (US$100, not $100), etc.

Back