Wish? Hungry?

deafsqrrl

Reaction score
Is it signing for "wish" a same sign for Hungry?

I could add to this question... is signing "desire" the same as signing "hungry"?

This is totally bizarre...I just had a conversation about this tonight in class. Which is not a deaf-related class in any way.

The same sign can be used for "wish," "desire," "hungry," and "horny," depending on the context, facial expression, etc.

Context became my new favorite word once I started learning ASL lol

Heh, that's true, but it's the same for any language. Like "how do you say 'happy' in French?" Well, there's heureux, ravi, content, etc....depends on the context!

As a language teacher it's my favorite word as well. :lol:

LOL I think it's annoying when girls use the "hungry" sign when referring to sex. They're like "Are you hungry?" I'm like "Yea, sure, how about Italian?" :ugh3:

By the way, I thought "desire" was used like the sign for "thirsty"? You know, using your index finger and moving from your throat down to your upper chest?

For horny, use hand that sign like "one" then put on near to top of head and repeat few time.

It means like men who is tempt with sex, such as jack off.

By the way, I thought "desire" was used like the sign for "thirsty"? You know, using your index finger and moving from your throat down to your upper chest?

Yes, I've seen that sign to mean "desire," "thirsty," and "horny." Not all at the same time.

LOL I think it's annoying when girls use the "hungry" sign when referring to sex. They're like "Are you hungry?" I'm like "Yea, sure, how about Italian?" :ugh3:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA poor Alex... for bursting your bubble!!! this was a good one.. lol The problem is that there's soooooo many ways for just one word.. can be a pain in the butt like how ALex thinks (I'll run fast.... before he tries to catch me)

I've always seen desire how Alex stated. However I've seen people use hunger when they want sex etc. It gives more emphasis. you not only want it. You hunger for it.

I think most people can tell the difference lol

Back