What's your dorm room like?

deafdyke

Reaction score
Saw this on another site.....for those of us who are in college or attending res school, what's your dorm room like?
I live in a single, which is actually pretty big. I can move around, and it's big enough to have a: desk, bed, closet and an Ikea chair. My door is covered in bumper stickers as well as my name tags (that the RAs make) When you walk in my room, the first thing on your right is a wooden closet. Then there's a set of drawers where I keep my TV. Then there is my bed, which is one of those high rise beds. Next to my bed is my Ikea chair, and against the right wall is my desk, computer and (crammed full o' books) bookshelf. Under my bed is my food stash and my fridge. For decoration I have an Ani Di Franco, Indigo Girls and Muppets poster, as well as some B&W photos I took when taking a class the past summer. There is also a "Candles Kill" Res Life flyer on the door of my closet. (for some weird reason there is a fad among res students at my school, where kids take the flyers for various and sundry events and warnings to decorate their rooms) I also have a bunch of those sticky window decorations on my window. Framing my window is a purple caftan thingy which acts like a curtain. I have a bunch of those pin thingys (you know...the ones with slogans and stuff) on there. On the wall where the head of my bed is, is some purple lantern thingy, a dreamcatcher, and a bunch of snapshots and a pic of Johnny Damon. I also have a purple inflatable seahorse hanging in the window of my room.
I also have my skis and my gutair in the space between my computer and the closet. I love this place, and it's going to be sad to say goodbye to it in a few weeks :(

My dorm room is pretty small. I do have my own bathroom though. It's nice.

My uni room is big for a single, it's been designed for wheelchair users, so odviously have a lot of space. It also has flashing doorbell and fire alarm light for deaf people. (Im in a mainstream uni)

I have a wardrope, desk, bed, sink, some shelving, two chairs and a little set of drawers, where my tv/dvd combi is. My room is an ensuite which means I have my own bathroom-bliss! Have a shower in there, I miss having baths though!

Think my room is pretty bland, but it's got a lot of my little personal things in it so I like it more than my room at home! I have posters and my own pictures on the walls...have a massive pinboard which is covered in letters from my friends and family! Have some pretty lights on the shelves with my books.

Oh! I also have a little balcony! I never go out on it though cos loads of people walk past it and its shared by my other flatmates. Theres only 6 people on my floor and another 6 upstairs, thats it I guess. Theres a picture here...

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    49.1 KB · Views: 12
Back