What's notetaker do?

hello eternity smile lol i am new first time that one wowow

Interesting. When I was in High School and College some time ago, my notetakers were one of these student volunteers in the same class as I was in. I didn't know that the notetakers are supposed to be the one NOT in school... like working for the school, just like an interpreter. 258~

I used notetakers in middle school and high school, they were students in the same class as I was in and were paid for their services by the school. One girl was my notetaker all way throughout high school for some classes, she was a cutie, too bad she was taken... BUt in college, i dont use them, i just take notes on my own and i've been doing pretty well with the notes...

if a note taker is not a volunteer, then yeah, expect better quality and if they dont live up to your want-to-learn standard then complain
on other hand if its on a volunteering basis then show your grace, appreciate their wilingness to help you at their own cost of time, no money, be nice and develop a good 'working relationship' in this way you would more likely to yeild notes that are good enough to actually help improve your grades

I remember that one of my art teachers refused to let me have a note taker in class. Her reasoning was that in the real world, I had to be like the hearing and I couldn't expect special aid for me. WTF?

When the situation was explained to the boss, it was explained that I can either pay attention to the terp OR I can take the notes. I can't do both. Her boss who is hearing and know no signs tried to make her let me have a note taker but she refused.

Other than that I've never had any problems with hearing teachers in school when it comes to accomadations.

rather have tape recorder
Yeah, but you can't lipread a taperecorder.................OB, CART is Computer Aided Realtime Translation. Someone comes in with a laptop, and types down everything in class......don't have to deal with crappy handwriting or horrible notes b/c the person is professionally tranined.

Yeah, but you can't lipread a taperecorder.................OB, CART is Computer Aided Realtime Translation. Someone comes in with a laptop, and types down everything in class......don't have to deal with crappy handwriting or horrible notes b/c the person is professionally tranined.

I'm currently working as a notetaker for HH student with CI. That is exactly the way I do it: I use a laptop, save all notes to my jump drive, hand the jump drive to the student, and he downloads to his laptop.

I have a problem with volunteer notetakers. They are taking notes for themselves, and then sharing them, and the notes may not be what the deaf/hh student needs. A professional notetaker will meet with the student before ever going into the class and taylor the way they take the notes for that student. If a volunteer writes something down incorrectly, or misses information, it just, "Oh, well!" Too bad for the deaf/hh student. A professional is held accountable. If they make mistakes, they are responsible for letting the teacher know that it was their mistake and not the student's.

Almost forgot. I am notetaking at the college level. It is NOT my responsibility to inform anyone of anything about the student. I am paid to take notes, and that is all. To behave like I am the students babysitter is insulting to the student. He doesn't need someone to watch him all the time--jusst someone to take notes so he can watch the terp.

Back