What's a good reading curriculum for the deaf and why?

kewlrush

Reaction score
I'm trying to find new reading curriculum materials to use with deaf students in all grade levels and would like to learn about what's good to use and why. If I can get some ideas or opinions, that'd be great!

Thanks!

books and books and more books :D....

i remembered my teacher use a word magnet, which i have to figure out a way how to make the sentance sound right much as possible. when i was somewhat between 2nd and 4th grade.

That would be a bit tough. You can't exactly have a book for "all levels".

Dick and Jane

You mignt want to try the Dick and Jane series as my aunt Marion Cox wrote them. They come in many grade levels.

The Dick character was actually my father and the Jane character was my aunt's adopted daughter Janet when they were kids.

The two inspired my aunt to make the Dick and Jane series.

Rich

Try www.readinga-z.com they got lots of stuff to help kids learn to read. All you need is a printer and you can print all the matterials you need to teach the lesson. Cost $30 for a 6-month subscribtion and is well worth the price. They have 30 free sample books that you can print to see what they look like. www.learningpage.com also has some good stuff and it is total free just need a printer.
Beth Koenig

Back