What is VPN on Ipad?

krazykatkitty

Reaction score
i recently brought an Ipad and I love it. I know this is probably silly questions but I've looked around and I'm still completely lost. What is the VPN option on the Ipad used for? I don't even know what it is. I have a blackberry phone that has VPN in it. I think it might connect to my Ipad off blackberry's network. Do you think it might work? If you know, could you please tell me how. Thanks :):ty:

vpm=virtual private networking it is basically a private tunneling netwoork outside of network go google that name

oh wow iPad's got VPN? nice!

really new vpn? I wonder I am not sure I wish be ipad

I love how people are gonna go out and buy iPads now just because it has VPN, but they're not gonna know how to use it or truly know what it's for. Priceless. :)

Depending on the VPN Client on the iPad, it may not work with all VPN's. If you are using a Checkpoint brand gateway for your VPN then you need a Checkpoint client. Same with Cisco, etc. The client and the device creating the tunnel must be compatible in order for it to work.

Essentially a VPN is an encrypted tunnel that can traverse private and public networks. The encryption algorithims vary from vendor to vendor.

This is used widely by corporations. Rarely in personal level.

Here is good example a real estate agent that has pager and would want to hook up office PC, then VPN is required. Once VPN enabled, it behaves as if it were inside the office network while agent is on trip with customer checking the house. Other example if a agent were at home and got call from buyer wants to check the house, agent would use VPN enabled pager to go in office network to gather information, set appointment, etc. Without VPN, this is not possible.

VPN usually in environment where corporation have several branches all over the place, but wants tied together as private network. Same with Banks they got branches all over but wants to share same networking. It is very common.

So, if you do not run corporation or business, then VPN is useless.

it allows small bussiness that have more than 3 office location to chare same data server at diffrent locations also hospitals under same name shares data with encryption no worry about data being packet sniffed and hacking attempts so it's similar to Independence day 4 movie where a signal inside a signal that's same idea

Best vpn work with More than 7000 internet protocol address and 160 servers connected through this channel and speed is same. It also works in iphone without any problem. Sometime vpn services give trouble in ipad vpn connection due to lack of servers or packet traffic problem but a effective vpn provider service can make it work.. Try it.

Its new information about protocols addresses. So how can I use to speed up for my best ipad vpn service.

first of all - this is a old thread. second - VPN doe NOT speed up your connection. That internet link in my opinion is misleading. it doesnt not really protect you. you can set up your OWN vpn if you want but you have to ask yourself why do you need it? If you dont know, then you need to research it with google.

Let me put it nicely and simply- VPN is ONLY for accessing info/data that is not connected on the SAME network. for example if you are home and you are connected to wifi home network - then WHY in the world do you want VPN?!
If you are at a college or (insert your choice of other network places) and you need that file you left on your home pc or work pc and you know how to setup the VPN configuration via router or home third party software then you need a VPN. Otherwise just because you see VPN and think it might be a cool feature doesn't mean you need it.

If your ipad is stolen and the person uses your VPN to check to see whats on your pc and do all kinds of harmful stuff, dont come crying to me..... :roll:

Right, just like having single private networks connected to multiple locations. I have seen and used it, and it was never intended for personal use in the first place. No point of trying set up one for yourself unless you got more than one home and wants share same network group from more than one home, then ok. Hope you get the idea.

And No, it won't increase speed, but MIGHT decrease speed, depending on traffic within bandwidth.

first of all - this is a old thread. second - VPN doe NOT speed up your connection. That internet link in my opinion is misleading. it doesnt not really protect you. you can set up your OWN vpn if you want but you have to ask yourself why do you need it? If you dont know, then you need to research it with google.

Let me put it nicely and simply- VPN is ONLY for accessing info/data that is not connected on the SAME network. for example if you are home and you are connected to wifi home network - then WHY in the world do you want VPN?!
If you are at a college or (insert your choice of other network places) and you need that file you left on your home pc or work pc and you know how to setup the VPN configuration via router or home third party software then you need a VPN. Otherwise just because you see VPN and think it might be a cool feature doesn't mean you need it.

If your ipad is stolen and the person uses your VPN to check to see whats on your pc and do all kinds of harmful stuff, dont come crying to me..... :roll:

Back