Were deaf man's rights violated?

Just watch FOX News and nothing new was presented. The only issue if impointance was that both, the D.A. Office and the Constable Office would not respond to FOX News for statements. Ms. Crain had filled Federal lawsuits against both.
Andy Scofield and his family appeared on camera, with Andy using ASL.
His son spoke about being used as an interpreter but told that Andy asked for a real interpreter. Pictures of Andy's wounds and bloody clothes were shown.

I'll update any additional news that I come into contact with. I'm hoping someone with more computer skill than I will post a link to tonight's broadcast.

I wonder what really provoked the fight?

Andy said he told the other guy that the dog needed to be on a leash.

Did he actually say it verbally or did he gesture/sign it?

I know that the sign/gesture for dog on a leash is similar to "hang".

So, perhaps the other guy misunderstood Andy's intentions and saw what Andy said as a threat?

Either way, Andy's rights were violated. No interpreters were provided. That's a huge violation and needs to be addressed.

I wonder what really provoked the fight?

Andy said he told the other guy that the dog needed to be on a leash.

Did he actually say it verbally or did he gesture/sign it?

I know that the sign/gesture for dog on a leash is similar to "hang".

So, perhaps the other guy misunderstood Andy's intentions and saw what Andy said as a threat?

Either way, Andy's rights were violated. No interpreters were provided. That's a huge violation and needs to be addressed.
I think Andy should file a charge against the other guy for physical assault if he hasn't done so. If I were him, I won't let that asshole getting away with it.

Seems I do remmy reading about some deafies were signing and these gang members thought they were making gang signs, and violence ensued...

But I doubt Andy got beat up for that. Some people just don't like to be told "what to do or what they should be doing".... especially not by a deafie!...We're considered not only deaf...but by some people dumb also...

I'd sue the pants off that guy!...And for good measure, even give him a black eye and minus a few teeth! :wave:

Seems I do remmy reading about some deafies were signing and these gang members thought they were making gang signs, and violence ensued...

But I doubt Andy got beat up for that. Some people just don't like to be told "what to do or what they should be doing".... especially not by a deafie!...We're considered not only deaf...but by some people dumb also...

I'd sue the pants off that guy!...And for good measure, even give him a black eye and minus a few teeth! :wave:
Now I know you are one tough bitch.

I'll try to clear some points up.

Andy and his kids were walking their dog on a leash and the strange dog without a leah became involved. The kids vocally and Andy genstured to the dog's owner that the dog needed to be on a leash. This guy did know what the family's concern was.
Because the Constable Office refuses to release the guys statement, we have no way of knowing what the guy was saying. He has also refused to speak with FOX News.

As for Andy suing the guy for assault, that is on the back burner until his and Ms.Crain's lawsuits are settled. Yes, Andy's civil rights were violated and the Constable Office screwed up. However, the major concern is the DA Office because they have all the facts but are hiding them to avoid these lawsuits being successful.

Ms. Crain will be out-of-town this weekend, so I won't see get at the social Friday. I hope to see her at the September 7th social which will take place near her home.
Then I can re-post additional information she might share with the Deaf group at the social.

I'll try to clear some points up.

Andy and his kids were walking their dog on a leash and the strange dog without a leah became involved. The kids vocally and Andy genstured to the dog's owner that the dog needed to be on a leash. This guy did know what the family's concern was.Because the Constable Office refuses to release the guys statement, we have no way of knowing what the guy was saying. He has also refused to speak with FOX News.

As for Andy suing the guy for assault, that is on the back burner until his and Ms.Crain's lawsuits are settled. Yes, Andy's civil rights were violated and the Constable Office screwed up. However, the major concern is the DA Office because they have all the facts but are hiding them to avoid these lawsuits being successful.

Ms. Crain will be out-of-town this weekend, so I won't see get at the social Friday. I hope to see her at the September 7th social which will take place near her home.
Then I can re-post additional information she might share with the Deaf group at the social.
If the black lab's owner knew what Andy talked about, then why did the asshole punch Andy's nose? I want to see a pix of the asshole (not of his asshole, LOL).

If the black lab's owner knew what Andy talked about, then why did the asshole punch Andy's nose? I want to see a pix of the asshole (not of his asshole, LOL).

The answer is that this guy took the gensture of Andy as a threat to him.
As I have said, the Constable Office has yet to release the guy's statement.
We can only assume that the guy's side of the story, and it was the ONLY side the Constable listen to, was that he was acting in self-defense when he punched Andy.
Andy has all along maintain that he position himself between his family and this guy (as any father would be expected to do).

Picture of the guy? Well since HE was not arrested there is no mugshot and since he has refused to reply to FOX News there is no interview of him.

As I have said, the D.A. Office and the Constable Office are stonewalling because of the Federal lawsuits. Also, IMO, Ms. Crain has Andy on a short leash. Smart woman.

Back