Website I want to create

athleticandy88

Reaction score
Deafdispatch - Deaf Dispatch

i am wanting to create this site for the deaf and hard of hearing but im clueless of what all to put? anyone willing to help me out. You will be greatly appericated!!

oh tough!! umm maybe deaf sport forum :dunno: '
anyway
Good Luck! :):)

Help with website

Hi Andy,

I visited your site but there is nothing there at all.
What kind of website is it?

Look forward. :)

Your dream website

I may be able help you establish a website of your own so PM me when you get a chance. Or otherwise, good luck with it.

Deafxcom, please tell more about your biz and how you can help with websites? It is designing? or SEO? Or both? :)

I can help as well. I'm a web developer/programmer

Most of the time, you need to have a web server if you want to host your web pages. However, you can still store the pages on a client (like XP or Vista), though I wouldn't recommend it. What if your comp crashes or something, there goes your web pages - down the drain.

Windows Server 2003 R2, Web Edition and Windows Web Server 2008 are the best web-hosting places. If you want to use Apache, go for it. I'd just recommend getting a separate computer, be it a client or a server (server's most recommended) dedicated to just hosting Web pages.

I have the Enterprise Editions of both Server 2003 R2 and 2008, so those can do much more than just host Web pages and be a web server - it can also act as a print, file, application, terminal, DHCP, DNS, WINS, streaming media, and mail server as well.

Hey Snazzy Style, that's a great idea about getting a separate computer for serious server.

So why do you recommend those two for web hosting? Are they better than Hostgator, Bluehost, etc? Same price? More bandwidth?

Hey Snazzy Style, that's a great idea about getting a separate computer for serious server.

So why do you recommend those two for web hosting? Are they better than Hostgator, Bluehost, etc? Same price? More bandwidth?

it depends on your needs. If you expect your site to be very low traffic and low bandwith, use A Small Orange - Web Hosting, Software and more! (TINY: 75mb | 3GB bandwith | $25/yr). If you wana go higher than that... I think I'd try 1and1.com (1&1 HOME - $0 for 3 months and then $4.99/month | 120gb | 1200gb bandwith)

Most of the time, you need to have a web server if you want to host your web pages. However, you can still store the pages on a client (like XP or Vista), though I wouldn't recommend it. What if your comp crashes or something, there goes your web pages - down the drain.

Windows Server 2003 R2, Web Edition and Windows Web Server 2008 are the best web-hosting places. If you want to use Apache, go for it. I'd just recommend getting a separate computer, be it a client or a server (server's most recommended) dedicated to just hosting Web pages.

I have the Enterprise Editions of both Server 2003 R2 and 2008, so those can do much more than just host Web pages and be a web server - it can also act as a print, file, application, terminal, DHCP, DNS, WINS, streaming media, and mail server as well.

Are you saying that you have your own computer server at home or use it for online? Why separate computers? Can you explain it to me? I personally hate hosting services because of the bandwidth issue.

If you run a server online, why do you care about printing? If you could use our own personal computer (non-server), you could print something from it instead.

I do respect that you have an IBM PC server. I am more focus on an Apple Xserver. I have nothing to against any server. It is just my preference. But, I haven't buy the server yet. That's another thing in my mind.

I can help with installing a script, and as well uploading since I have FTP software, and I am good at editing certain things. Such as adding few of things to it.

I have knowledge in websites and Search Engine Optimizing more than four years. If any help is needed, feel free to send me a pm and ask!

Sorry for bumping such an old thread.
Did you manage to create your own website?
I would like to build one myself, no idea what program i should use
Well, the choice depends on your needs. What kind of website are you going to create? My advice is to choose a program according to the theme of your website. For example, if you want to build a dating site, it is better to use website builders, software, or scripts specifically designed for creating such sites. You can also check WordPress themes out in case you decide that WordPress is what you need.
+ for KateR's suggestion.

Back