Wearing CI and Helmet the same time.

DeafSCUBA98

Reaction score
I'm wondering if its okay to wear CI speech processor and helmet the same time when i go out ATving and how? i tried.. the magnet come off when i put helmet on.. since i'm out atving without CI speech processor and wearing helmet.. and i miss the sounds of roaring engines. and want to hear other atvers engine if they're louder than mine or not, also incomming ATV on way.. sometimes they don't follow safety rules like having headlights on while riding. would like to take a break drinking water, eatting small snack i want to listen to natures of bird calls, deer calls, etc so on. since i don't want to put speech processor in bag while doing those bumpy rides.

Being a real hat guy (baseball caps), I had to get rid of my "fitted" hats except a few and stick to adjustable hats so I could wear them easily over my CI without trouble.

I'm not real knowledgeable about helmets (for ATVs or motorcycles) but I though you could get different sizes since not everybody's head is the same in the size department. Maybe you could a slightly larger one to do the trick. The CI transmitter isn't that large where you would have to get a very large helmet and thus defeat the purpose of what you are using it for. I will say from experience with hats on extremely hot days (I live in NC) that sweating can be a real problem sometimes as I can really drip some. The the CI I have handles it very well for the most part (Cochlear Freedom) but it can't take waterfalls :D I can imagine that helmets are definitely worst...

My two cents :whistle:

Cooliefroggie's comments -- i remmy a guy who had a specially made helmet that was able to be fitted over the CI and was able to use the CI while hes riding on his motorcycle and i met him once and never saw him again -- i will have to PM u on his name Scuba

sr171soars said:
Being a real hat guy (baseball caps), I had to get rid of my "fitted" hats except a few and stick to adjustable hats so I could wear them easily over my CI without trouble.

I'm not real knowledgeable about helmets (for ATVs or motorcycles) but I though you could get different sizes since not everybody's head is the same in the size department. Maybe you could a slightly larger one to do the trick. The CI transmitter isn't that large where you would have to get a very large helmet and thus defeat the purpose of what you are using it for. I will say from experience with hats on extremely hot days (I live in NC) that sweating can be a real problem sometimes as I can really drip some. The the CI I have handles it very well for the most part (Cochlear Freedom) but it can't take waterfalls :D I can imagine that helmets are definitely worst...

My two cents :whistle:
yeah i'm thankful i got freedom.. its water and sweat resistance. since i work hard everyday in sweat enviroment during hot days.

deafscuba: Have you tried cutting a small hole/depression in the foam (of the helmet) where your magnet sits? A friend of mine who rides motorcycles did this and he has no problem with the magnet falling off or with the helmet feeling uncomfortable.

Back