wax is out of ears.

Leah

Reaction score
Hi all:
Wax is out of my ears. I though I would be able to hear so much better but I still can't. People are getting so fruscated with me. I had so many problems ringing the cashier reigster. I ran things up like 10x the same because I didn't hear the beep.
Leah

When did you get your last hearing check? That's probably what you need to do, get your hearing checked.

I am sorry that's a problem. I hope you continue to find your answers to help you better.

I wonder if there is some assistive equipment to help people hear the ringing at the cash register. Contacting vocational rehabilitation might help. If there are devices to hear ambulance and police while driving, then there might be something for that.

what about the green light and the red light? when i was a cashier before i relay on the lights the green means good.. and the red light means error..

Leah said:
Hi all:
Wax is out of my ears. I though I would be able to hear so much better but I still can't. People are getting so fruscated with me. I had so many problems ringing the cashier reigster. I ran things up like 10x the same because I didn't hear the beep.
Leah

I was a cashier at dirty Zellers and it was a bitch. It doesn't matter how many lights there are to indicate what ran through and what's an error, it's still near impossible to hear the little beep. Good luck!! I know what you're going through!!!

Actually, the computer does show everything that's been rung up. Every single place I go to with beeping scanners still show on the screen with the items being rung up. If there are more than one item of the same brand, the computer usually goes... COKE, COKE x2, COKE x3, COKE x4... meaning it's been rung up four times. Of course, deaf people have to depend on their visual skills... and hearing people should learn to do the same.

Leah, try looking at the screen because it's pretty much the same. Perhaps, you can try adjusting the monitor or something so that there's less to look at when making your scans. :thumb:

Hello all:
Today was a little bit better then yesterday so that's good. I guess I will just have to get use to wearing these hearing aids. I am sure it would be no different with a cochlear implant. I am guessing tomorrow will be better I hope. Then I got 2 days off Thank God!!!
Leah

you mean you haven't wore your hearing aids before this has happened?...The reason why I asked is cause you said you have to get used to wearing them, so I'm curious to know what you meant by that?...

Back