VP or VRS?

Barbaro

Reaction score
If you own a business, would you put XXX-XXX-XXXX VRS on your business card?

or... XXX-XXX-XXXX VP?

Thanks!

or... XXX-XXX-XXXX VP?

Thanks!
If the number on your business card can be reached by hearing and deaf people, then you should put VP next to your number.

If you have not gotten your new local phone number, I would advise you to contact Sorenson to get it rather than using a fake number that would be no longer in use after June this year.

I kind of slept on this. I was thinking... if your business is for both, deaf and hearing people, why not put both VP/VRS on the business cards? :)

Just say "VP" or "videophone", not VRS which stand for video relay service.

Since new number with 10-digit numbers will auto call to your videophone from either vp-to-vp or voice-to-vp.

or... XXX-XXX-XXXX VP?

Thanks!

Good question. I would say it depends on the majority of people you are servicing. If you cater mostly deaf, I would just put words VP. If you cater to mostly hearies, I would spell out the whole thing Video Relay service. The hearing would automatically understand its a third party service for contacting you. IF you put VRS, many would be confused and might think the words cell or home is same as vrs location. If some people sees your number but dont read the words VRS until they try to make the call to you, they might think they reached a salesman rep phone line and hang up. Having it spelled out could eliminate some of the confusion i would think.:cool2:

With the new numbers everyone's talking about, there's no need to differentiate between "VP" and "VRS" - when the person calls, it'll be routed the correct way through the network.

Voice will automatically go through VRS
Deaf using VPs will automatically connect to your VP directly.

Personally, I just say call my number -- but since deaf people are wary as to which number to use, I put it like this:

Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx (Voice/VP)

Guys, thanks for replying.

If the number on your business card can be reached by hearing and deaf people, then you should put VP next to your number.

If you have not gotten your new local phone number, I would advise you to contact Sorenson to get it rather than using a fake number that would be no longer in use after June this year.

I read about it on the Sorenson website. I like DirectVP number far better than Sorenson VP number. I don't have a local 10-Digit Number yet. Actually, my installer/trainer will show up next Wed, and will give me new lessons on local 10-digit number, new e911 feature for emergency calls, call waiting and more.

Since new number with 10-digit numbers will auto call to your videophone from either vp-to-vp or voice-to-vp.

So, do you enjoy using your local 10-Digit number? I couldn't find any question on the website- If you move out, are you going to have to change your local 10-digit number? It is one of the questions I intend to ask trainer/installer soon.

Good question. I would say it depends on the majority of people you are servicing. If you cater mostly deaf, I would just put words VP. If you cater to mostly hearies, I would spell out the whole thing Video Relay service. The hearing would automatically understand its a third party service for contacting you. IF you put VRS, many would be confused and might think the words cell or home is same as vrs location. If some people sees your number but dont read the words VRS until they try to make the call to you, they might think they reached a salesman rep phone line and hang up. Having it spelled out could eliminate some of the confusion i would think.:cool2:

I kind of slept on this. I was thinking... if your business is for both, deaf and hearing people, why not put both VP/VRS on the business cards? :)

With the new numbers everyone's talking about, there's no need to differentiate between "VP" and "VRS" - when the person calls, it'll be routed the correct way through the network.

Voice will automatically go through VRS
Deaf using VPs will automatically connect to your VP directly.

Personally, I just say call my number -- but since deaf people are wary as to which number to use, I put it like this:

Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx (Voice/VP)

Brian, Radiohead, and Dennis-

My business is for everyone, including deaf people. I don't want to alienate them based on abbreviation error on the business cards. I want to make sure my business cards are coherent and friendly. I did think about adding both VP/VRS, but I wasn't sure. I noticed several deaf people's business cards depict "VP", "VRS" or "V".

Radiohead, according to your statement, that's exactly what I had in mind. I have several concerns such as- If hearing people read "VP" only, they assume that they will need videophone to call. I don't want them to get wrong ideas. Some hearing people seem familiar with "VRS".

Dennis, I like "Voice/VP", but will "Voice" cause hearing people to be confused when they hear an interpreter? They will go,"huh?"

Do you guys like using a local 10-Digit Number? I am interested in your reviews.

If moving, you should contact Sorenson tech support or Purple profile website to update new address. You will get another 10-digital number.

If it a 10 digit number then this how I would put on my busniess card

Voice/VP (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Hearing people may not know what VP is but they are going to dial the number anyway if they see word voice next to a number.

Back