Visor Card for ASL Users

Brian

Reaction score
I got this E-mail and thought some of you would find this some use. I didn't bother to print out any, I just don't need it. :) If this is a repost, please delete this topic, thanks! :)

Print it and you attach it to your sun visor
inside your car! Do not put your visor card in a glove box or you will be shot!

For Deaf, click at:
http://www.hearinglosshelp.com/VisorCardDEAF.pdf

For Hard of Hearing, click at:
http://www.hearinglosshelp.com/VisorCardHOH.pdf

Instructions (Correctly Placing Your Visor Cards)
http://www.hearinglosshelp.com/VisorCards.htm

http://www.hearinglosshelp.com

very nice and I am going to put them on the back of my wheelchair, hehe!

rjr2006 said:
very nice and I am going to put them on the back of my wheelchair, hehe!
Don't get caught speeding, he, he! ;)

Awww Mannn.... No visor card for hearing people?? :laugh2:

I also noticed that the HoH card says "I do NOT use sign language." :dunno:

Maybe they should change it to "Maybe I use sign language"

Teg

If these cards work for you, great!

tegumi said:
I also noticed that the HoH card says "I do NOT use sign language." :dunno:

"No sign language" should refer to Hearing Impaired, not HoH. If you use sign language, how could you be impaired? :)

BTW: I just love the "Deaf Not Allowed" symbol. :)

Steve

On my old car that I had, I had a bumper sticker that said "I'm not deaf, I'm ignoring you." ;)

I think it's nice, but it does kind of make us seem inferior. I'm deaf, but I don't go around with a card saying, "I'm deaf. Please, be gentle." I've seen people walking around at the mall during the holidays... with cards and small brass "ILY" pins. They pass out cards trying to make others feel sorry for them... cuz they're supposedly "deaf". One of them approached me and I signed back to him, "What is the money for." He replied by pointing to his ears as if he couldn't understand cuz he was deaf. I then signed, "Are you really deaf?" He then did the same thing again. I finally signed, "You must really be a fake!" As usual, he gave me the same gesture. It's the real deafies that don't pity the other deafies or fake deafies. It's actually the cop's job to be ready to expect the unexpected. What if hearing people decided to take advantage of the deaf visors and caused more problems. What's next? The "boy who cried wolf" scheme kicks in... and cops start to not believe the real deafies. Then all hell breaks loose.

I used to have a license plate designs in my old car when I was 19 years old. It says "Deaf PPL are not dumb, YOU ARE!!" I was getting even when hearing people say that.
Some hearing people was trying to road rage when they saw the designs and it give me little scared and I took it off.
I still have it in my room and put it on the top of the closet frame.

VamPyroX said:
I think it's nice, but it does kind of make us seem inferior. I'm deaf, but I don't go around with a card saying, "I'm deaf. Please, be gentle." I've seen people walking around at the mall during the holidays... with cards and small brass "ILY" pins. They pass out cards trying to make others feel sorry for them... cuz they're supposedly "deaf". One of them approached me and I signed back to him, "What is the money for." He replied by pointing to his ears as if he couldn't understand cuz he was deaf. I then signed, "Are you really deaf?" He then did the same thing again. I finally signed, "You must really be a fake!" As usual, he gave me the same gesture. It's the real deafies that don't pity the other deafies or fake deafies. It's actually the cop's job to be ready to expect the unexpected. What if hearing people decided to take advantage of the deaf visors and caused more problems. What's next? The "boy who cried wolf" scheme kicks in... and cops start to not believe the real deafies. Then all hell breaks loose.

What would happen if one of those fake deafies got pulled over by a cop? And the cop got a terp.? Then they would look like a fool, and be in trouble...

VamPyroX said:
I think it's nice, but it does kind of make us seem inferior. I'm deaf, but I don't go around with a card saying, "I'm deaf. Please, be gentle." I've seen people walking around at the mall during the holidays... with cards and small brass "ILY" pins. They pass out cards trying to make others feel sorry for them... cuz they're supposedly "deaf". One of them approached me and I signed back to him, "What is the money for." He replied by pointing to his ears as if he couldn't understand cuz he was deaf. I then signed, "Are you really deaf?" He then did the same thing again. I finally signed, "You must really be a fake!" As usual, he gave me the same gesture. It's the real deafies that don't pity the other deafies or fake deafies.

I concur. BTW, I'm hoh and understand about the person handing out the ILY pins...that's a dead giveaway that they are NOT deaf or even hoh. I can sign and will when I need to, I just don't need people to feel sorry for me or point their fingers at me making fun of my inability to hear. I get that a lot with my hearing dog with me. Some people!! :jaw:

Back