View my profile

Pinky

Reaction score
I am not able to read my view profile with people's comment on my profile. I saw my sn is Pinky instead ~♥~Pinky~♥~. What is happen with my profile?? Please help!

I clicked on your profile and it works?
AllDeaf.com - View Profile: ~♥~Pinky~♥~

Did you disable the visitor messaging option? It's in your Edit Options section on your USER CP menu.

A part of the problem in the past is that if people had used ASCII characters in their names, like for example •naisho™• or even used foreign language such as asian characters "naisho内緒", symbols, it would not generate the profile correctly because when the profile was made, those characters/symbols cannot be included into the naming sequence, and it usually then links to the people that don't have those characters if they exist.

For example.. ~♥~Pinky~♥~ data would link to Pinky (someone else if there is one).

If it really comes down to it, the last fix you'd have to do is contact Alex to rename your name to something that doesn't have symbols or foreign letters in it. It will work for sure after this, but maybe you might have accidentally turned it off first?

I clicked on your profile and it works?
AllDeaf.com - View Profile: ~♥~Pinky~♥~

Did you disable the visitor messaging option? It's in your Edit Options section on your USER CP menu.

A part of the problem in the past is that if people had used ASCII characters in their names, like for example •naisho™• or even used foreign language such as asian characters "naisho内緒", symbols, it would not generate the profile correctly because when the profile was made, those characters/symbols cannot be included into the naming sequence, and it usually then links to the people that don't have those characters if they exist.

For example.. ~♥~Pinky~♥~ data would link to Pinky (someone else if there is one).

If it really comes down to it, the last fix you'd have to do is contact Alex to rename your name to something that doesn't have symbols or foreign letters in it. It will work for sure after this, but maybe you might have accidentally turned it off first?

Yes I clicked on link to see my view. It's working. When I click on my view profile. It's not working. It's weird! Thank you for telling me. I will ask Alex to change my sn to remove the symbol.

Hmm. Your link to your profile is already there for others to see, but not you.

Try this. Do you know how to clear your temporary internet files? It's called Browser Cache in pc terms. Clear it out.
I am 80% sure this might fix your current naming problem.

I don't know what you use to surf alldeaf, but I'm guessing you most likely use FireFox or Internet Explorer.

Here's how to do that in Firefox incase you weren't sure:
Click on Tools > Clear Private Data.

2nkm2q8.jpg

Uncheck everything except the box Cache.

30kyo91.jpg

then click Clear Private Data Now. Then revisit alldeaf and click your name and see if it works.

What this does is it clears out every site that's stored on your PC. so when you visit it it will redownload it with the most updated information if there are any changes. Make sure you don't check anything else in there or you might lose stored passwords, etc.

Hmm. Your link to your profile is already there for others to see, but not you.

Try this. Do you know how to clear your temporary internet files? It's called Browser Cache in pc terms. Clear it out.
I am 80% sure this might fix your current naming problem.

I don't know what you use to surf alldeaf, but I'm guessing you most likely use FireFox or Internet Explorer.

Here's how to do that in Firefox incase you weren't sure:
Click on Tools > Clear Private Data.

2nkm2q8.jpg

Uncheck everything except the box Cache.

30kyo91.jpg

then click Clear Private Data Now. Then revisit alldeaf and click your name and see if it works.

What this does is it clears out every site that's stored on your PC. so when you visit it it will redownload it with the most updated information if there are any changes. Make sure you don't check anything else in there or you might lose stored passwords, etc.

Thank you. I will try do my best. I am using FireFox. :)

Back