Unanswered Questions that Could "COST" You.

RainGurl

Reaction score
Our daughters (2) have hearing aids. And myself as well. Mine are from Unicon. However the story pertains to our daughters' hearing aids. Well, I have been going to this Hearing Place for the last 5 years. He services them, gets them repaired and what not. Both of their hearing aids were breaking all the time. The same thing kept happening. Youngest her battery holder would just break off. Infact the teacher had to send it home taped. She remarked that it just "broke off." I said oh well, back to take them in. Weeks at a time they were without, waiting for their hearing aids to come back fixed. A day later, even a week later BROKEN again. SO, make sure when you TAKE them in that you ask if they are going to be SENT back to the manufacturers. Because I found out after a year of going through this he was sending them to someone on the side. They weren't being shipped back to Oction. Infact they HAD NO RECORDS of them ever being broken or repaired. I was SHOCKED> I called them myself, and spoke to the audiologist. He said once they have been broken 3-4 in such a short amount of time. They "REPLACE" the hearing aids at no cost. Now it's costing me a fortunte to get them repaired. Makes me SO angry that someone would send them to someone else and not do the repairs properly. Costing time that they don't get to wear the aids, and money that we have to pay out because they job wasn't done right the first time. So, please I don't want that to happen to someone else. Make sure you ask if they are being sent right back to the company that makes them.

Back