U.S. Justice Department Complaint Title II

Yes, that is where I received direction to the U.S. Dept. Of Ed. Civil Rights folks.

Dr. Richard Rosen ( rosenlaw@att.net ) can do in any state in which ADA applies in which is a federal law. He can sign and he used to be a Gally instructor.

Richard

I finally "heard" from the case attorney this week. The son of a beach dweller called me. Then I finally got him to call my wife and get my e-mail address. Now, school starts back August 8th, with registration a few days before, and a reinstatement hearing on August first. er....about ten days from now. My daughter's counselor, who was at the original hearing gave him her testimony supporting my claim. She will also be at this next hearing before the school board disciplinary comittee. Without an attorney, I intend to record the proceedings myself. I will be sending the school board a written notification of my need for a text translator, copied to the attorney, the councelor, and the district superintendant. If nothing else, the board will know that I am serious, and they will not get away with brushing off my ADA request again.

Codger

The meeting went well enough. I still was not given a terp or text. Evidently, the decision to return my daughter to school, promote her to the ninth grade, and keep her on probation had already been made. But the ADA suit is still out there. I received a questionare from the DOE Civil Rights lawyer a week ago. Asked me stupid questions, questions already answered in my complaint, and why was my wife's presence not enough. They wanted proof of my disability. I can sense this being kept on the back burner.

Well, the case has been concluded. In a nutshell, the governmink lawyers decided based on the testimony of the governmink employees involved, that I had full and equal access since I could lip read, and my wife was there to interpret for me. ADA is a toothless paper tiger that pays government lawyers to protect government employees from the vast unwashed public.

Codger

Oh, man, that is awful! That really stinks. :(

Maybe now is a good Idea to give Dr. Rosen a buzz on ur case.

Richard

Back