Turok is reborn...

Steel X

Reaction score
Ever since the N64 era and the most popular FPS games for the Nintendo 64 happens to be the Turok series, deveopled by Iguna Entertainment and published by Acclaim. Turok is about an native american that has a magic pack loaded with mysterious and awesome weapons all from bow and arrow to nuclear launcer. It's also based on the comic books with different people who are related to the Turok blood becomes the dinaouar hunter and son of stone. the word "Turok" means "son of stone" roughly intercrepts into "the protector of the Earth."

After the most disapointing title for current gen consoles, "Turok : Evloution" didn't really look good as FPS and Turok fans expected. Sure it has great graphics, but sadly, horrible gameplay and some lousy repetive themes such as riding on a flying reptile was actually getting really old. The animations weren't too good either. so it was actually one of the worst games ever made...too bad the team worked 5 years on that game and turned out to be a pile of shit lol.

Now Acclaim has lost its rights to the Turok series and has been bought by another company who is well known for the Unreal series will be doing another Turok game for the next gen consoles. (Xbox360 and PS3)

Hopefully it will be a MAJOR improvement over "Turok : Evloution"...so I don't have that game anymore and traded in for a different game lol

But I still love "Turok 2: seeds of Evil" on Nintendo 64...great graphics, great animation, great load of sweet ass kicking weapons and even an excellent storyline. It was definetly one of the best Turok games I've ever played so far aside from Turok : Dinouar Hunter, Turok : Rage Wars and Turok : Shadow of Oblivion.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/28/news_6134558.html

Turok 2 was one of the best games I've ever played on N64.

t2beta12.jpg

t2beta14.jpg

t2bore2.jpg

Another Acclaim franchise lives! Fom the ashes of Acclaim comes another Turk game...interesting. Another franchise from Acclaim, "Burnout" became wildly popular when EA bought the rights and Criterion Software (the developers of Burnout). Other Acclaim games still live on under other publishers when Acclaim went bankrupt last year.

VamPyroX said:
Turok 2 for N64? When?
whoa ur wwwwaaayyy behind lol

it came out Dec.11th 1998 (the day when I reserved that copy) :P

Ah, ok. I guess I forgot about it because I wasn't appealed enough by it. I did get the first one and it caused problems for my N64. Yes, it was one of those games that required a memory upgrade... which I got. However, if I played for a certain amount of time... it would freeze up. That sucks. :(

VamPyroX said:
Ah, ok. I guess I forgot about it because I wasn't appealed enough by it. I did get the first one and it caused problems for my N64. Yes, it was one of those games that required a memory upgrade... which I got. However, if I played for a certain amount of time... it would freeze up. That sucks. :(
Hmmm maybe it was ur cartridge that was malfunctining for some reason.

if the rest of the games worked fine on your N64 then it's the turok game instead lol.

it's not too late to pick up a preowned copy of Turok 2 at gamesto or ebgames...they should be less than $5 already lol

Disney Interactive layed off Turok. :(

Althou I own that on Xbox360...that game really isnt that bad but yeah it was pretty hard lol. What seriously sucks the most about this game is the check points. If you die you have to go WWWAAAYYY back to the last checkpoint which is like a mile away from where you died so I was like *goans* again?? so they really need to fix that for the sequel that they were already working on, but sadly, the plans to the sequel has been dropped.

However, Disney Interactive/Touchstone still owns the rights to the Turok series...

Disney layoffs hit Turok, Bolt studios - News at GameSpot

Back