Tomorrow

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have appt for HA tomorrow... I have take test, check up and something...

I hope it will work in right ear that where CI was targeted. :hyper:

You are going for hearing aids while the implant is still inside of you? The reason I'm asking because would it effect you or cause conflicts?

Good luck! Most people lose their remaining hearing when they get a CI. If he still has hearing in the CI ear that is useful with a hearing aid, it won't cause conflict if the CI is off.

Last edited:
Cheri said:
You are going for hearing aids while the implant is still inside of you? The reason I'm asking because would it effect you or cause conflicts?

I dunno, I just wait and see if it work or not.

volcomskatz said:
I dunno, I just wait and see if it work or not.

Good luck to you, Hope all works out for the best. ;)

All the best of luck to you :)
Keep us updated about how it went with your new hearing aids.

ClearSky said:
Good luck! Most people lose their remaining hearing when they get a CI.

That's what happened to my friend from school, when he was implanted with CI, he lost most of his hearing, and wish he never went ahead with the implant, I find it quite odd if you ask me, I mean I thought CI was the next step to help you hear if hearing aids don't help quite well...

:dunno:

Back to the topic, I hope everything goes well with you, please do keep us update :)

volcomskatz said:
I have appt for HA tomorrow... I have take test, check up and something...

I hope it will work in right ear that where CI was targeted. :hyper:

Best wishes and hope that there is some residual hearing to work with!

^Angel^ said:
That's what happened to my friend from school, when he was implanted with CI, he lost most of his hearing, and wish he never went ahead with the implant, I find it quite odd if you ask me, I mean I thought CI was the next step to help you hear if hearing aids don't help quite well...

I guess sometimes it's about thinking that maybe a CI will be better and so a decision is made to risk the residual hearing to try it out. My friend used hearing aids but missed out on a lot of sounds so she went for a CI. She is really happy with her decision and can hear a lot more sounds and more clearly. It was a risk for her though.

I think that at profound levels of deafness they still let you have a CI even though you may get some benefit from hearing aids.

When I was able to benefit from my hearing aids I personally wasn't prepared to risk what I had with a CI but that was my personal decision. However it became a different story when I lost that hearing - nothing to lose :)

Hope that helps.

I had been in Hearing Center and took evaluation, also discuss about new HA.

I'm not benefits to get HA for right ear because CI was located, and nerve was dead after implanted in right ear. Audiolgist said that HA is small benefits for left ear but sounds would probably moderate to poor, just better than no sounds. I just got earmold for $50 and wait until 2 weeks to visit again then I can try to wear HA, such as test with sounds then if I can hear so well then audiolgist will order new HA, it called Oticon Sumo or something for left ear, that all.

That's sad about no benefits for HA in right ear.

volcomskatz said:

I'm not benefits to get HA for right ear because CI was located, and nerve was dead after implanted in right ear. Audiolgist said that HA is small benefits for left ear but sounds would probably moderate to poor, just better than no sounds. I just got earmold for $50 and wait until 2 weeks to visit again then I can try to wear HA, such as test with sounds then if I can hear so well then audiolgist will order new HA, it called Oticon Sumo or something for left ear, that all.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get more positive news and you must be disappointed. I hope that the hearing aid in the left hear does give you enough sounds to get by.

volcomskatz said:

I'm sorry to hear about your bad news. I just wishes it would been a positive evaluation. I guess that something you'll have to live with, We all live with something in life that we have no control over. ;)

Back