The Simpsons in gay mystery

CatoCooper13

Reaction score
08:58 AEST Wed Jul 28 2004

PAAIN - Fans of The Simpsons cartoon classic have been given another cliffhanger to agonise over - which of the cast is coming out of the closet.

One of the colourful characters will tell the world he or she is gay - in an episode where lovable oaf Homer Simpson is ordained on the internet and begins performing same-sex weddings.

Hints about the plot line were dropped by show producer Matt Groening at a San Diego comic convention. But there are no clues as to who the character in question is.

An obvious candidate is Waylon Smithers, who is in love with dastardly nuclear power plant boss, Mr Burns. But his sexuality is hardly a secret.

Other suggestions are Marge Simpson's twin sisters, Selma and Patty, who have a string of failed relationships with men behind them.

But the show's writers are more likely to take Simpsons fans by surprise - it could even be tough Scot Groundskeeper Willy.

advertisement
In the episode, the Simpson's hometown of Springfield legalises gay marriage - a topic which has prompted hot debate in America in recent months.

Meanwhile, Groening said he still plans to make a Simpsons feature film, but production will not start until the television series comes to an end.

©AAP 2004

Whattya think about this? :D

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo Intresting after ALLLLLLLLLLL these yrs it comes to a fruitation :) hehe but i wonder who who??? can't be bart, cuz hes a cowabunga dude, can't be that l ittle gal forgot her name cuz shes so intellgent and all that ms know it all, marge nah cuz of her love for homer but then again homer??? good question u can never predict that dude anyway,, smithers too obvious burns ? well theres an idea but quacky at best, the twins always a chormosome thing. so we'll see! :)

O... K... :roll:

It's probably gonna be Lisa Simpson! ;)

can't be that l ittle gal forgot her name cuz shes so intellgent and all that ms know it all
Oh come on! Lisa is SO intellectucal NoHo hippie dyke....she's got future lesbian written all over her!

deafdyke said:
Oh come on! Lisa is SO intellectucal NoHo hippie dyke....she's got future lesbian written all over her!
Why would she be a dyke?

Well, I not pay attention to them.. LISA ?? Me out of question. :dunno: who

Whether a person is butch or intellectual or goofy has ZERO bearing on their homosexuality.

In any case, i'm guessing Milhouses Dad. Just a guess.

Why would she be a dyke?
She acts like a granola girl You know the type of lesbian who is seen at Ani and Indigo Girl concerts and folk fests? DEAD giveaway! Then again she might be a metrolesbian. (straight but acts lesbian)

deafdyke said:
She acts like a granola girl You know the type of lesbian who is seen at Ani and Indigo Girl concerts and folk fests? DEAD giveaway! Then again she might be a metrolesbian. (straight but acts lesbian)
I thought dykes were women who try to act like men by shaving their heads, wearing boys clothes, and avoiding make up so they can be "boys"?

I thought dykes were women who try to act like men by shaving their heads, wearing boys clothes, and avoiding make up so they can be "boys"?
There are lesbians who act like that...then again there are all sorts of lesbians who fall under the label of "dyke" .... according to your definition I'd be a dyke b/c I am a tomboy and don't really wear make up and am genderqueer.

Ooo...! Didn't realise this article'd bring in so many responses about who'd be coming out of the closet on The Simpsons :shock: I'm not quite sure who will be the one...:dunno:

deafdyke said:
There are lesbians who act like that...then again there are all sorts of lesbians who fall under the label of "dyke" .... according to your definition I'd be a dyke b/c I am a tomboy and don't really wear make up and am genderqueer.
According to the dictionary, dyke is a lesbian who's masculine. I don't see that in Lisa.

However, Lisa is probably just your typical lesbian... not dyke. Heh!

According to the dictionary, dyke is a lesbian who's masculine. I don't see that in Lisa.
You're thinking of butch...dyke can refer to almost any and every lesbian on the face of the earth.

deafdyke said:
You're thinking of butch...dyke can refer to almost any and every lesbian on the face of the earth.
According to the dictionary, butch is the same as dyke. ;)

Well Lisa could be a lesbian, because she seems never to find love in a boy.. but then she is young so.. hmm... hey maybe its one of those tough boys like Nelson, gay people do not always show their real prefences until they announce it..

ooo that would be interesting to watch when it releases....yeah she could be lesbian, you never know. :) The Simpsons is still funny anyways, just to me. I laughed at Smithers and Burns being gay, theres a lot of gay stuff written all over that show, hidden or susipicous....it's never clean, sad isn't it?

Back