The Relaxation Lounge

AquaBlue

Reaction score
Having a bad day? Everyone’s on your back? Caught in a bumper-to-bumper traffic jam in the rain with your AC busted? Grumpy, grouchy, and irritable?

Then come in and rest your mind. Welcome to the Relaxation Lounge.

Vent via words helps you find peace.

My day was sour after visiting my new primary doctor. First I could not find the address as I drove rapidly in an afternoon storm. Once I find the location I notice that a directory of offices is not posted in the lobby. When I finally find the office, it is closed. I wait for over an hour for the doctor to open her office. Then she has me fill out a ton of paperwork. Then after waiting awhile, the front desk worker tells me that the doctor has denied giving me treatment. No reason was given to why I was rejected.

And from there, the rest of the day went south. Grrr.

Ahh, I feel a little better now. Boy I am sure glad I created this thread. Now everyone can share his or her bad day with everyone else.

My day was bad too cuz of the idiot wouldnt do me a favor by calling dr as he have a sk? I dont? i only have my cellphone and i cant call as I am deaf? he was worried about his shitty rented car. He also left me at the motel alone after having a major surgery just 3 days ago with just pudding and bagels. i dont have my car beside i am not supposed to drive for 2 weeks anyway.

what is wrong with men? sigh! grrrrrrrrrrrr

I am currently having a bad virtual day and (sadly) it is happening right here on AD. Being brand new to ASL, some are truly helping me out with my progress while others are trying hard to bring me down. Why would anyone do such things to a new student? Encouraging words would be best if you’re humane. I defended myself (one can only take so much), and they get offended. What a laugh! I am so glad that they have left my online presence. I can do without people who only try to raze another to the ground.

Thankfully, most on AD are respectful and encouraging; for that I am grateful. For the rest, well, you know where you can go.

Two days ago, I was in such a bitchy mood from being extra clumsy and disorganized. I took my bitcheness out on some people here on AD. OOOPs!

I am currently having a bad virtual day and (sadly) it is happening right here on AD. Being brand new to ASL, some are truly helping me out with my progress while others are trying hard to bring me down. Why would anyone do such things to a new student? Encouraging words would be best if you’re humane. I defended myself (one can only take so much), and they get offended. What a laugh! I am so glad that they have left my online presence. I can do without people who only try to raze another to the ground.

Thankfully, most on AD are respectful and encouraging; for that I am grateful. For the rest, well, you know where you can go.
Are you "brand new to ASL" or did you take advanced ASL?

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Help with Classifiers...

Many ADers tried to help you but you refused to accept their help. "Encouraging words" that feel good but reinforce wrong methods or pathways are not truly helpful. They weren't trying to "raze" you down; they were trying to prevent you from collapsing under your own mistaken notions.

We still encourage you to get healthy, and then to follow the tried and true interpreter training course of action.

I consider myself a brand new student of ASL. The reason is because during those awful classes I was not shown the entire picture- it was as if I read a book on classifiers on my own. No real life instruction from my deaf teacher. In fact, there was no real teaching in those classes. It was a waste of time and of money. So I (now, like then) am a brand new learner of ASL.

Let me put to you this way: I have learned more in the last two months (on my own), than I did during all those months of class time five years back. I actually left the advance class half way into it. It was simply horrible.

I did gain a general overview of ASL grammar during that course but that is all. That’s why I mentioned classifiers.

After the class demonstration (the ASL story), I was never criticized by the teacher, so I did not know if I was doing things right or wrong. I was learning blind if you will. It was all a big mess. Again, it was like being by myself with an ASL grammar book: The instructor has to be the very worse teacher I have ever had- useless in every way.

Bumping this thread since I think it's a totally needed thread. I think since a few people have had rants and such, we all could use a "relaxation lounge".

Most of you know what I have to deal with regarding my mother and mother-in-law. Today was another on of those days that just makes me go "why me?", but I am dealing with it. As I go through more and more I find I can handle more, but I still have startling thoughts that leave me feeling guilty.

"OH....I've got heartaches by the number.....
Troubles by the score.....
Everyday you love me less....
Each day I love you more.....

I had 9 people in my house for 3 days.....total choes.....

I was totally a dazzled wreck....wore out....there's no food left, so I've got to get to the grocery store AGAIN!...I'm upset over my nice carpet, big stains!....So...I'll be cleaning them this week....

Dunno how people can live together (9) for over 1 day!....

Ah, what's an OCD person to do, what to do?

Clothes on the wrong hangers. (they're color coded)
Groceries in the wrong cabinets.
Spices turned around and re-arranged. (labels to the front and ethnicity together, Italian, Latin and so on.)
Clothes put into the wrong drawers.

Then there's the parent, being a parent to the adult child.

Having speech corrected.
Having hand smacked for muttering to oneself while doing dishes.
Being reprimanded for not putting clean sheets on bed immediately after taking off dirty ones.

There is comfort in the knowledge that I am not the only one having to do this in the world. Also, I can have relaxing thoughts in the knowledge that I will be out of the house this evening for weight loss group. I can also be thankful that my hubby will be waiting for me with open arms when I get home. Ah joy!!

Now, I just need to learn to relax more and not push myself or expect too much of myself all the time. My new motto for myself (it's been around for years) "Chill Out Sistah!!"

I had an awful weekend! Spent the weekend at an indoor pool where I couldn't wear my HA's and I was expected to keep up. Scuba diving is scary and not very easy and I felt so lost. I was treated like an idiot. :(

@quirky...

Scuba diving is a lot of fun - stick with it...you'll be glad you did!

I am curious to see how well you will pressurize. When I did dive, and I got to around 20-30 feet, I couldn't equalize and the pain in my ears was really bad. At the time, I lived in the Monterey Bay which has some of the best diving in the world...

@quirky...

Scuba diving is a lot of fun - stick with it...you'll be glad you did!

I am curious to see how well you will pressurize. When I did dive, and I got to around 20-30 feet, I couldn't equalize and the pain in my ears was really bad. At the time, I lived in the Monterey Bay which has some of the best diving in the world...

I plan on trying to stick with it. I passed all my skills and my written test. I just need to do the open water dives. I am extremely nervous about the whole thing. I know it's supposed to be fun, but I was too scared to have fun. The breathing underwater was too strange for me. I also hated the exercises where they take your mask and oxygen away.:shock:

Wirelessly posted

What a day, locked my keys in the trunck good thing I am visiting my grandma and able to wait for my dad to bring me the spare. I have an important test tonight, can't miss class. I need a massage better yet a get away lol

Wirelessly posted

What a day, locked my keys in the trunck good thing I am visiting my grandma and able to wait for my dad to bring me the spare. I have an important test tonight, can't miss class. I need a massage better yet a get away lol

I did that years ago. Since then I carry 2 sets of keys. One with everything.. house keys to all the doors, truck, bike, garage, desk, PO Box keys, even a handcuff key. Then on another key ring i carry another truck key, bike key, 1 house key to the carport door and a case with a spare CI battery. Use that one mainly but always carry both key rings with 2 sets of truck/bike keys.

Back