[Technical] Baby Monitor and Home Automation System

GraysonPeddie

Eye/Hear/Speech Impaired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi. I currently have a home automation/security system, which is Elk M1 Gold. Before I ask the question about the baby monitor, I'd like to point out that I have modified the wireless doorbell receiver by unhooking the speaker and connect the wires to Elk M1 Gold's input zone terminals. Visit my thread for more info about connecting a wireless doorbell receiver to my Elk M1 Gold and an attachment that shows the wire sticking out from the back of the wireless doorbell receiver. (Although not shown in one of the rules, I also have Elk flash my lamps that let me know someone is here. What about the bed vibrator that is connected to my Insteon ApplianceLinc? Yep, sure I can, but I'm not programming for my bed vibrator to turn on for one second).

Okay. Here's my question. Are there any baby monitor receivers that have terminals for connecting to my home automation system?

Okay, you might be asking "why do I need a baby monitor?" Well okay--I know that getting a baby monitor and not having a baby doesn't make sense, but hey! If I were an installer, and that I have a customer whose couple are deaf and have a baby, I could interface a baby monitor with Elk, but I really don't know of any baby monitor receivers that have terminals.

I could hack into the baby monitor receiver and perform similar steps like I've done in here (same link as above), but I'd probably wouldn't discuss hacking in here... But what I could say is that this could help if the baby monitor receiver has a speaker (which has a positive/negative wire), but then the question is "what's the point of having a speaker inside a baby monitor receiver if it's geared toward someone who's deaf/hard-of-hearing," but it might prove useful for those who can hear the speaker but not baby crying...

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Back