Sorenson VRS interpreter

Pinky

Reaction score
I am wonder if do you have a friends who is work for sorenson vrs interpreter?? I have friends of them. I didn't know it was my several friends show up on video. I was alike HELLO. I asked them if they like work at sorenson vrs. They love it! I can't chat with them very long.

I found it out one of woman from California. She is work for VRS interpreter. Her brother was my ex bf. She answered on vp. In my mind alike ohh shit. I kept cool with her to call my mom. After I done with my mom on vrs. I asked to interpreter if it was her full name?? She got change the subject and want to dial other? I told her no. I never forget about her face alike. I asked her if it was her. She won't admit and can't talk. I was alike whatever and have a nice day. :roll: We used to hang out long times ago. I seem she didn't want to talk to me anymore.

Some of the VRS interpreters I had to change because they were *hot* looking, causing me to be distracted. :drool:

If I knew someone from Sorenson, I will have to ask her/him to transfer me to another interpreter. Conflict of interest. I prefer to show respect. :)

pinky - due to FCC rules and regs,sorenson policies terps are not allowed to casually talk with customers. At the end of the call, and if there are no more calls, they might break protocal to say just a quick hello and then hang up. These terps need to break the tension in the just knowing each other due to fact they also may still work in the community serving the deafs. Hope that all of us dont hold long with personal talk since the next deaf in waiting que line also needs to make a call .

Anytime you become uncomfortable with the terp, you do have the right to ask for another terp. OR do what i do - hang up and pretend its a black screen . hehehe then call back and chances are you will get a different terp. I have no interest in have conversation with someone in middle who knows me. I know the FCC forbids them to talk about call content, but there is always a naggin feeling I have that they might withing themselves. Oh well.

Some of the VRS interpreters I had to change because they were *hot* looking, causing me to be distracted. :drool:

lol - this happened to me too. I wonder if the pretty ones know this that we do it because they are too pretty and sexy or hot through no fault of thier own ? hee hee hee :D

I have several friends who are working for SVRS.

I asked them if you happen pick up call which its me, what are you doing do that policy or FCC base rules? They say... once they get an call from us, they will see the name on display who person from such as state and who person. They will not answer and allow someone take call or skip my call to next que who behind line. Once a while; they do take a call to see how I am doing and cont. call which it not personal.. it doctor appointment.. whew... but what interesting part.. they can see who call for... if I put parent phone number with user name.. it will display to SVRS to know who I am calling before they begin... Its nice and easier to make smooth call... which I like that... One time, I dial and call.. they say. you want talk to your parent. I was like.. whoa... how does person know. I say... yea.... realized friend explain me that feature... ah.. make sense.. heh if you have ugly name of whatever it is on contact list, they do see who you call for.. make something polite.

Some interpreter not feel comfortable to take call the username what display say "FUCK YOU U GONE DIE!" how do you feel if you are interpreter.. they may not take call because threat or meanie person or anything that can conflict emotional. It happen someone...

If some interpreter act like don't understand you.. you can tell them GET YOUR TEAM with you.. if they don't understand.. get other interpreter to help you...or transfer..

pinky - due to FCC rules and regs,sorenson policies terps are not allowed to casually talk with customers. At the end of the call, and if there are no more calls, they might break protocal to say just a quick hello and then hang up. These terps need to break the tension in the just knowing each other due to fact they also may still work in the community serving the deafs. Hope that all of us dont hold long with personal talk since the next deaf in waiting que line also needs to make a call .

Anytime you become uncomfortable with the terp, you do have the right to ask for another terp. OR do what i do - hang up and pretend its a black screen . hehehe then call back and chances are you will get a different terp. I have no interest in have conversation with someone in middle who knows me. I know the FCC forbids them to talk about call content, but there is always a naggin feeling I have that they might withing themselves. Oh well.

Thank you for telling me. I didn't know about the rules. By the way one of my friend already added me on facebook so she can talk to me instead of use Sorenson at work. I respect her.

No problemo! that is what we are here for. and that is cool you able to add thru facebook and chat that way instead so you can be safe. smile .:D

I have several friends who are working for SVRS.

I asked them if you happen pick up call which its me, what are you doing do that policy or FCC base rules? They say... once they get an call from us, they will see the name on display who person from such as state and who person. They will not answer and allow someone take call or skip my call to next que who behind line. Once a while; they do take a call to see how I am doing and cont. call which it not personal.. it doctor appointment.. whew... but what interesting part.. they can see who call for... if I put parent phone number with user name.. it will display to SVRS to know who I am calling before they begin... Its nice and easier to make smooth call... which I like that... One time, I dial and call.. they say. you want talk to your parent. I was like.. whoa... how does person know. I say... yea.... realized friend explain me that feature... ah.. make sense.. heh if you have ugly name of whatever it is on contact list, they do see who you call for.. make something polite.

Some interpreter not feel comfortable to take call the username what display say "FUCK YOU U GONE DIE!" how do you feel if you are interpreter.. they may not take call because threat or meanie person or anything that can conflict emotional. It happen someone...

If some interpreter act like don't understand you.. you can tell them GET YOUR TEAM with you.. if they don't understand.. get other interpreter to help you...or transfer..

zerodog - yup -- I seen this way too many times when taking calls from people like that. What bothers me is that many deaf/HOH don't realize the ramfications of changing VP caller ID name to something cool or funny other then the installer way of first setup.

Back