(Soon to be) deaf interpreter searching for a deaf girlfriend.

Mittiverdini

Reaction score
Hello,

I've always had a big interest in the deaf community and the way they communicate intrigues me a lot! I'm only 17 years old and I'll be studying sign language soon. Any way, I was just wondering: What would be the perfect location to find deaf people?

I'm from Holland and ''unfortunately'' the deaf population is about 30 000(?). I have only met one deaf person and one HOH person in my life.

First, you are 17. So start to focus on sign language first to see if you like it then it will lead you to meeting more deaf/hoh people. Patience is the key. :) welcome.

any deaf club...i don't know about holland but the City Lit in london is helpfull they got links all over Europe

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

You're going to be a (CDI) deaf interpreter? So you're deaf ?

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

You're going to be a (CDI) deaf interpreter? So you're deaf ?

I think OP meant to be hearing interpreter for deaf people. At first i was like maybe op made a mistake using the words...

I am attedning to the CDI workshop in december and hopefully to become a deaf interpreter myself. :D

Remember we are on the WORLD WIDE Web. My guess is that English is the OP's second language as he is stating he lives in holland... His post seems a bit offensive like he is poaching for some easy deaf girl to date but that may be due to his English language skill too.
OP should make it clear if he is looking for dating a deaf girl or if he is wanting to meet people and learn sign language. The latter he should say meet deaf friends no limit it to one sex..

Back