Someone need advice

racheleggert

Reaction score
an acquitence asked me for advice....

Here it is- the situation: A boy have been liking her for long time maybe aroiund 15 yrs, maybe bit more, since they were kids in elem school. The boy have been taunted too much by the kids inculding the girl who was the bully- he still loved her even when she was a bully.

The boy is Developed disabled (?) in some ways (little), has cersbal parsley, used to drool too much when he was a kid, and now drool less and less due to meds. Right now he lives in group home since 2002, will more likely to move out next year. The girl is normal and more intelligent (?), is normal (have no CP). They met again 2 years ago, and he kept on calling everyday for like a month kept on asking her out, and she didn't had any interrests in him, and met him again recently at deaf gathering, and try to ask her out, but she told him that she would consider. Now both are in early 20's.

What are your advice.. I want to pass along before they meet for "date" tomorrow...

I think it is a situation for the girl and the boy to solve for themselves. If she is interested, she will accept the date. If she is not interested, then no dates. Same as dating for anyone. If two people like each other, they date. If they don't like each other, no dates.

Poor guy!

What's wrong with accepting his invitation and going along with it? Perhaps this person can learn something. Lots of CP people have great minds, in fact, most of them do. I do not actually see a problem here.

Go For it!

Thats nice the guy asked you out.
Its very hard for hanicapped people like that guy with and myself to get dates.
Cause most people thing were "Weridos".
Some people with CP are very smart.
I say give it a try, go out with him and have fun.
I've never had any boyfriends or girlfriends to go out with.
Enjoy your date.
Margie
Dir. of Communication Services
OCDAC

Back