Signing on Skype

paperdragonfly

Reaction score
:wave:

I'm looking for people who would like to sign on Skype. I'd prefer someone who is fluent so I can work on my speed as well as accuracy. I went Deaf a few years ago and even though I knew sign before then and have always been around the Deaf Community, I've definitely lost a lot of what I knew. I can sign enough to communicate but I'm not fluent. I also recently moved to an area that has no Deaf Community so I haven't been able to use my signing much other than with my boyfriend and mother (beginner level) so I don't have to lip read as much.

I'd like to find someone around my age (20) mainly because my goal is to find a friend, not an ASL partner. I don't want this to be like a class or 'study time'. I want to make friends who just happen to sign. If we have things in common and actually just enjoy talking to eachother (in ASL or not) it would be more fun for you and me. I may have to ask you to repeat some things to begin with but because I knew enough to communicate and I know the basic idea of ASL grammar, it shouldn't be as hard as teaching a beginner. I mainly just need to work on my vocab (I use websites but I'd like to learn the lingo and deafisms as well), my speed, and I really need to work on being able to understand others. My vision isn't so good so I'd like to practice reading sign. I'm a fast learner and usually pick up on new vocab real quick.

If anyone is interested in finding a friend that wants to learn to sign better please reply here, sent me a PM, or add me on Skype. :)

:ty:

Back