- Signature Sidekick IM/SMS/E-mail Experience
- Microsoft Outlook/Exchange synchronization

Hardware
- Large (3.2 inch WVGA) screen with sharp 854×480 resolution
- Thin design
- 3.2 megapixel camera with autofocus, flash and video recording
- Large QWERTY keyboard
- Expandable memory up to 8GB via MicroSD

Everything seems to match up with what a Sidekick LX 2009 would have. It mentions 3G, which is pretty much a given at this point. The introduction of Microsoft Live Search and maps makes a lot of sense since Microsoft now owns Danger. The addition of GPS (finally!) is also a nice complement to the maps and helps the Sidekick compete a little bit with the iPhone and other location-enabled devices. But I’m sure the thing that everyone is freaking out over now is the mention of YouTube mobile access. It’s probably the #1 request for the Sidekick by the majority of the users. It doesn’t seem that out of reach since the Sidekick can play video already, it just needs a way to get it from YouTube. None of the apps are groundbreaking, but they’re things that a lot of us would agree it would be nice to have on our Sidekick.

The hardware looks about right too. A 3.2MP camera isn’t the 5mp camera we hoped for, but it is a god bump up from the 2MP camera in the Sidekick 2008 (not to mention the 1.3MP in the LX). The screen is higher resolution (too early to start working on those new themes?) and of course the familiar keyboard is still there.

Is this the Sidekick Blade that we’ve been hearing whispers about? Hard to tell. We know that “Blade” is a codename and that internally (in software) it’s know as the “m3“. The “m2″ was the Sidekick 3, so one would guess the “m3″ would correlate to the elusive Sidekick 4 and a “large” upgrade in device. (FWIW, the Sidekick LX was the “m2-hd”) Could MSDanger be working on two devices? It’s very possible, but we don’t have anything to back this up or refute it yet.

So is this for real? We think so. At least we think it’s specs drawn up by someone official that is testing the water with consumers to see what they think. Whether it’s what we actually see in a device in the future, I’m not 100% sure. I think it definitely sounds like the next revision of the Sidekick LX. It’s not too ambitious, but does add a few of the most requested features. Seems to be the way that T-Mobile/MSDanger like to do things with the Sidekick.

Yeah, they are coming out for sure.

Now youse know why I stayed put with T-Mobile. :P

Yeah, JClarke, but I have no idea if this is just a prop one.

JClarke, perhaps, you could view the picture over at TMONews.com.

And they usually come out in just weeks. Perhaps, T-Mobile or Microsoft/Danger will reveal more after February.

I am tired of T-mobile...service sucks and now I am tired of SK. I'll wait for Blackberry Bold to release with other service...not till I save up and buy it myself. :)

Yeah, I m too. I was tired to SK in three years to stop T-Mobile service. I had purchased AT&T Tilt like HTC. I love it.

Wow, good news for Puyo and Vampy.

Wow, good news for Puyo and Vampy.
Hahaha... well, I don't know if I will get it. I'm just saying that it looks good.

As I said before, I only go with what I need. I'm not gonna get something that gives me much more than I need or will use.

I have friends who got an iPhone because they can do a bunch of stuff on it. Yet, they don't even use the stuff they have.

I have one friend who complained that the iPhone was too expensive. Then he started bragging about all the programs he was gonna buy and download when he got an iPhone. :crazy:

Wow this is the first time I have heard of this! I am happy with my Blackberry Curve but I might go back to Sidekick for this. I am still with T-Mobile. Any new updates?

Back