Sequential Art

Yamino

Reaction score
I'm a comic artist, graduated with a major in Sequential Art at SCAD, and I've been writing/drawing my own Web-comic (www.sisterclaire.com) now for the past year. =)

I was wondering if anyone here is also into comics or graphic novels. If so, what are your favorites?

These days I mostly read webcomics as opposed to print. One of the most famous ones I follow is Kate Beaton's "Hark a Vagrant". I don't even know that much about history, but it's still hilarious. And I love her expressions. XD

Sister Claire

I already posted this on another topic. Oops! I forgot there was a separate area for art stuff, I hope this is ok. =)

For the last year I've been working on a webcomic called "Sister Claire." It's about an immaculately pregnant nun. Throw in a beautiful blue businesswoman "angel" and another nun who gets possessed by an evil cat, and you'll have some idea of the kaleidoscopic world of Sister Claire. =)

Click the image to get to the main site:

It reminds me of the emily the strange. Of course it is not the same story as the sister claire..

cute sister claire.

Mod's note:

Thread's merged. No need to post more of your website comic links else where in AD, only once will do.

By the way nice work. :)

Thanks SG. =)

It reminds me of the emily the strange. Of course it is not the same story as the sister claire..

cute sister claire.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I haven't read Emily the Strange, but of course I've seen her on purses and stuff. I do like that style too, although my biggest inspiration is Junko Mizuno and the Powerpuff Girls. =)

cool, I'm writing a manga, not drawing it because I don't know anything about that but I write the story and my friends make the draws :)

Is that Sister Claire your own created character? If so, you are very good. I mean REALLY GOOD.

Thank you! She is is my character, and I've done everything you see on that site- the art, the writing, the website, the forum, etc. It's a one-woman show right now, but I'm in talks with a French publisher to get it officially published in France. I've very excited about this. =)

My favourite graphic novel is Watchmen and V for Vendetta (anything by Alan Moore :P)

Nice art :D

Thank you! She is is my character, and I've done everything you see on that site- the art, the writing, the website, the forum, etc. It's a one-woman show right now, but I'm in talks with a French publisher to get it officially published in France. I've very excited about this. =)

How often you draw, and where you get your passion to do it?
I do some paintworcks and jewelry, and when i've done something for a while and everything looks fine, but aren't ready, then I have to stop. bagan to shiver and can't continue, until i do first somethin that empty my brains totally of thinking about what I'm doing, and then I get a new passion to continue. Do you know what I mean. I'm now greating a jewelry exhibition and when I have made enough jewelry in same theme, then im ready to have an exhibition.
Have you ever kept any exhibitions about those cartoon drawings?
Hope you get published those. I can do many things, but drawing cartoons is soooo difficult, that couldn't even think about doing it. :roll:

Back