Seeing Voices

loml
Hmmmm, "support of sign holding back CS.....well at certain levels yes I would. In the majority of North American ASL enviroments grudges are held against a the system because it has the word "speech" in it. When in actuality, CS is about improving the lives of deaf children, their families, hoh/ deaf seniors and future generations of children. CS people embrace ASL, the majority of ASL people cannot say the same about CS.

jillio
That is because, as I said before, it is redundant for ASLers

Redundant??? are you referring to speech classes?? A person does not need to be oral to use CS. You like to insist that they do. Simply not true.

Regarding literacy....
"you are" can be abbreviated to "you're" - not "your'e"..

Yes cloggy, and its heard, not heared. There is a difference between a typo, and a consitently misspelled word. Once again, you are trolling. And to think that you said you were willing to engage in a reasonalbe and iformed discussion regarding deaf education if I would start a thread regardingn such. I am getting the distinct impressiont hat you are unable to honore your promise not because you don't want to, but because you are intellectually incapable of doing so.

loml

jillio.

Redundant??? are you referring to speech classes?? A person does not need to be oral to use CS. You like to insist that they do. Simply not true.

Do you understand the maning of redundant? If a child is not oral, then they are utilizing sign to some degree for communication. But that is not even what I am referring to. English already has a visual mode that has served well for eons. Its called writing. And if a person is already communicating in sign, that can be used to teach the L2 language of English. One only needs to speech read if one does not have the benefit of sign to clarify. That would be a strictly oral situation. Why would one use CS and sign together? What would you do....sign one word, and then cue it , also? That is what I mean by redudant.

Again, everything comes back to speech classes. I thought you were trying to discuss literacy issues, as that is what this topic is about. It has absolutely nothing to do with speech classes.

Yes cloggy, and its heard, not heared.
Yes, I heared, or heared... guess English is not my native language..

There is a difference between a typo, and a consitently (sp)misspelled word.
I know... when you do it it's a typo in your view. When someone else does it, it is a big thing....!!!
Once again, you are trolling. And to think that you said you were willing to engage in a reasonalbe (sp?) and iformed (sp?)discussion regarding deaf education if I would start a thread regardingn such. I am getting the distinct impressiont (sp) hat you are unable to honore (sp)your promise not because you don't want to, but because you are intellectually incapable of doing so.

I know... when you do it it's a typo in your view. When someone else does it, it is a big thing....!!!

You are the one that jumped into this. What's the matter cloggy? Dish it our but can't take it. For your information, the difference between a typo and a spelling error would be evident in consistency.

Like I said, you are completely incapable of engaging in a reasonable, intelligent discussion,as is evidenced by your consistent childish and agumentative posts. Go read a book, or interact with your child.

jillio
You find the fact that your research doesn't support your claims to be funny? That's not surprizing.

Actually, I find you laughable.

jillio

Actually, I find you laughable.

I don't find that surprizing, either. You are obviously very well versed in making judgement without all of the information necessary to make correct judgements.

And, once again, this is not a discussion of CS, nor of CI. We are discussing deaf education. Stick to the topic.

I don't find that surprizing, either. You are obviously very well versed in making judgement without all of the information necessary to make correct judgements.

And, once again, this is not a discussion of CS, nor of CI. We are discussing deaf education. Stick to the topic.

:laugh2:

Waht's the matter, loml....run out of articles to parrot and can't discuss the issues on your own?

Gee...

Anyways, I believe in using languages for instructions not invented systems. Like with CS, signwriting is an invented system so I wouldnt use either one of those.

Gee...

Anyways, I believe in using languages for instructions not invented systems. Like with CS, signwriting is an invented system so I wouldnt use either one of those.

Absolutely. Language instruction require language models.

Back