Schwarzenegger: Gay Marriages Must Stop

VamPyroX said:
You don't need to be married to have a bank account under two names. I've seen gay couples with both names on one check... and they weren't even married!

Yes, they are my colleagues. I asked them, why they joint in the same account. They prefer to have one account with their pay check directly deposit to their account. Either of them rather to take care of the bills, other partner rather take care of house mortgage, etc...

They want to have a family health insurance which saves their alot of money. The state law would NOT allow gay people to have their own health insurance as a family as straight people.

Banjo said:
dhw5320, now that is the information people need to read.

Thanks for providing us the useful materials.

Vamprox,

Many banks will NOT allow unmarried couples to open up accounts together. It's more complicated than you'll like to think.

Plus, it's not just the bank accounts that the couples want, it's the BENEFITS that come with marriages.

My ex-finane' and I were opening our bank account. We have no problem with that.

Steel said:
Hmm I never thought my favorite actor of all time would try to put a stop to that...maybe same sex marriage just got out of hand for sometime and maybe they just want to slow it down until the government will see who (same sex) is getting married, when, where and etc...perhas same sex marriage is put in more control than opposite sex marriage but I dunno...that's just my opinon anyway

So, are you going to say "Schwarzenegger is Nazi!" Oh yeah. His family was Nazi. That's enough.

like umm deafbrutha said we want eqality, I mean hello?? we're in america So why not we have that freedom! we have freedom of choice by living where we want to live and where my partner's choice is, and mine too, doesn't mean we need to worry abt being in a place full of crap... we still read anything we want we still have our future, but it's the eqaulity we want! So why not we have that and still have same benifits of marriage????? So lets think on that Straights get that so we should get that!

i have to agree with schwarzenegger.. i watch his interview with bob lastname ?

he explain on all cost of the reason he must stop it... he explain same as going with the gun issue..

however.. having same-sex marriage.. can be a bad influence to the US

reason.. Taxes will need to have a major change.. more married people means more money IRS will lose money.

and heck.. i'm happy to be single back again... married what for? as for tax filling status.. i filled "head of household" cuz i get more credits than "single" status...

getting a divorce is a major problem in now-a-days... and its very costly.. and painful.. and u will lose what u want.. it's totally sucks.. i have gone though it.

DeafSCUBA98 said:

he explain on all cost of the reason he must stop it... he explain same as going with the gun issue..

reason.. Taxes will need to have a major change.. more married people means more money IRS will lose money.

and heck.. i'm happy to be single back again... married what for? as for tax filling status.. i filled "head of household" cuz i get more credits than "single" status...

getting a divorce is a major problem in now-a-days... and its very costly.. and painful.. and u will lose what u want.. it's totally sucks.. i have gone though it.

Hear that Schwarzenegger want to running for President of US and will let Bush take over CA. :gossip:

illustrator said:
Hear that Schwarzenegger want to running for President of US and will let Bush take over CA. :gossip:
yeah.. he wants the constution to leglized an non-born US but has been U.S. citizen for years to become an U.S. president...

*self-thinks* he want to be a president himself... and become a nazi again
:-X :ugh2: now that scares me

READ the 1st Article in the "Declaration of Rights" stated in the Constitution of the State of California.....

ARTICLE 1 DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

SECTION 1. All people are by nature free and independent and have
inalienable rights. Among these are enjoying and defending life and
liberty, acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and pursuing
and obtaining safety, happiness, and privacy.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?waisdocid=57115612989+1+0+0&waisaction=retrieve

So IMO the Proposition 22 banning GLBT marriages are thus UNconstitutional because Proposition 22 is not amended to the Constitution of California. If Proposition 22 was in the Constitution of California, the outcome would have been much different. Besides the Constitution of both the U.S. and California trumps over Proposition 22.

READ the Fourteenth Amendment Section 1 of the United States Constitution:

Amendment XIV - Citizenship rights. Ratified 7/9/1868.

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am14

So if Bush's proposed amendment banning GLBT marriages pass thru the State legislatures, the GLBT community gets relegated to 2nd-class citizen status. That is a violation of the equal-protection clause.

So thus IMO....Both Bush and Schwarzenegger just lost the argument banning GLBT marriages because it would make it unequal to the citizens of both California and the United States.

I rest my case then (Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and has I ever been one)

DeafSCUBA98 said:

This is so much crap.....all relationships have their problems, but to say what you said as a reason to ban gay marriages is a cover for sexism and oppression. Don't us Gay people PAY TAXES too...so we should share in the benefits...I don't work so that heterosexuals can breed and I certainly don't work to support their vile offspring. Why should we work and pay taxes to be denied the same benefits they take for granted.

Stop listening to the right wing conservative bullshit artists and start thinking equality and freedom of choice.

Arnie is a lousy actor and is fast turning out to be a lousy humanitrain as well.....there is no excuse for banning gay marriages, heterosexuals can't get it right[they can't get anything right it seems], so what right have they got to say it's a union between a man and a woman..and all that other bullshit.

deafbrutha said:
This is so much crap.....all relationships have their problems, but to say what you said as a reason to ban gay marriages is a cover for sexism and oppression. Don't us Gay people PAY TAXES too...so we should share in the benefits...I don't work so that heterosexuals can breed and I certainly don't work to support their vile offspring. Why should we work and pay taxes to be denied the same benefits they take for granted.

Stop listening to the right wing conservative bullshit artists and start thinking equality and freedom of choice.

Arnie is a lousy actor and is fast turning out to be a lousy humanitrain as well.....there is no excuse for banning gay marriages, heterosexuals can't get it right[they can't get anything right it seems], so what right have they got to say it's a union between a man and a woman..and all that other bullshit.

whooo hoooo!! i totally agree with u!!!! VERY well said! :thumb:

deafbrutha said:

All govt, president and campgian-president are against same-sex marry. It's too impossible. It take long years to pass. (It take over hundred years for color race to get right)

Don't be shelfish about too much freedom. There are many reason why there is banned on same-sex marriage. I spoke with someone who suggest there may have other way without marriage license that allow a great benefit for same-sex couple to get. It may be harmless.

illustrator said:
All govt, president and campgian-president are against same-sex marry. It's too impossible. It take long years to pass. (It take over hundred years for color race to get right)

Don't be shelfish about too much freedom. There are many reason why there is banned on same-sex marriage. I spoke with someone who suggest there may have other way without marriage license that allow a great benefit for same-sex couple to get. It may be harmless.

What the hell do you mean by "Don't be too selfish about too much freedom"?I didn't realise we had too much freedom.......There is only ONE reason why same sex marraiges are banned and that is PREJUDICE pure and simple.....gee I am really worried now, either we have some self hating gays/lesbians on this lists or we have heterosexuals who think theyare our friends but their comments posted in this discussion prove they are just as prejudiced as the rest of the population.

GET EDUCATED...EQUALITY and FREEDOM FOR ALL! AND BE SELFISH ABOUT IT TOO..WHY SHOULD HETEROSEXUALS HAVE ALLTHE FUN?

Last edited:
deafbrutha said:
What the hell do you mean by "Don't be too selfish about too much freedom"?I didn't realise we had too much freedom.......There is only ONE reason why same sex marraiges are banned and that is PREJUDICE pure and simple.....gee I am really worried now, either we have some self hating gays/lesbians on this lists or we have heterosexuals who think theyare our friends but their comments posted in this discussion prove they are just as prejudiced as the rest of the population.

GET EDUCATED...EQUALITY and FREEDOM FOR ALL! AND BE SELFISH ABOUT IT TOO..WHY SHOULD HETEROSEXUALS HAVE ALLTHE FUN?

"Let's look at true freedom - And the idea that you have too much freedom is really laughable.

Are you enjoying unfettered individualism when, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 47 percent of the national income is diverted to federal, state, and local taxes? How free are you when the politicians impose their choices on your life in whatever way they want -- unrestrained by the limits written in the Constitution?

What would a society that truly honors individual freedom be like -- a society in which the government is chained down by the Constitution? Let me paint a picture for you.

In a Libertarian America:

• You will pay no income tax -- because a government limited by the Constitution would be small enough to get by on today's tariffs and excise taxes. Your annual take-home pay should be thousands of dollars larger than it is now.

• You no longer will be forced to pay 15 percent of your income to a fraudulent retirement scheme like Social Security. Every dollar you earn will be yours -- to spend, to save, or to give away as you see fit. You might arrange to have your employer automatically deposit 5 percent or some other nominal amount of your paycheck into a bank savings account or other retirement plan -- and come out many times better off than with Social Security.

• In the absence of drug laws, drug users will buy their drugs inexpensively and safely from pharmaceutical companies, putting the criminal drug gangs out of business. The nightmare of Prohibition will finally be over.

• No one will interfere in any way with your right to defend yourself. Whether or not you choose to own a gun, your neighborhood will be much safer because criminals will have no way to know which residents are armed.

• Health care will be much more accessible and much less expensive. Insurance will be available to virtually everyone, at much lower cost than is the case today. Charity hospitals and free clinics will proliferate. Hospital stays will be far less expensive, and most doctors will make house calls. (How do I know this would be the case? Because that's the way it was in America before the federal government took over health care in the 1960s.)

• Your person and property will be safe from intrusive searches and seizures. No longer will government agents paw through your bank records or monitor your e-mail, looking for suspicious activities. Your personal life will belong to you and no one else.

• There will be those who will use their freedom to act irresponsibly. But you will be free to protect yourself from their actions -- far more easily than you can today. And companies will be free to offer all sorts of ways by which you can insulate yourself from the irresponsibility of others. You can choose for yourself who's best qualified to help you, and you can choose to dismiss anyone who doesn't live up to his promises.

A Libertarian society of unfettered individualism spreads its benefits to virtually everyone -- not just those who have the resources to seize political power."

deafbrutha said:

Well said. Your points are valid! :greddy:

Back