school

jash

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this chat room, my son is attending school here in St Augustine fl, (fsdb), I am planning to move to the caribbean to place a buisness there for us and my son and My biggest problem is his education.
My son unfortunately will not recieve a valid high school diploma due to his reading level , so college for him is not in his future.Has this happened to any one before?
I also wanted to ask if anyone knows of any school that offers classes online?
I know that job placement here are very hard and limited and I do not want my son in the future to be treated differently and given the jobs that most people would not take , sorry for the frustracion but it bothers me to see the injustice .

Thanks,
Peter

jash said:
Hi, I am new to this chat room, my son is attending school here in St Augustine fl, (fsdb), I am planning to move to the caribbean to place a buisness there for us and my son and My biggest problem is his education.
My son unfortunately will not recieve a valid high school diploma due to his reading level , so college for him is not in his future.Has this happened to any one before?
I also wanted to ask if anyone knows of any school that offers classes online?
I know that job placement here are very hard and limited and I do not want my son in the future to be treated differently and given the jobs that most people would not take , sorry for the frustracion but it bothers me to see the injustice .

Thanks,
Peter

Errm...Im not clear what you mean about classes online? Do you mean for your son to take when you move to Caribbean?

Can you explain more about job placement situation?

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD.

Come and share your post here with us. :fly:

Meg said:
Errm...Im not clear what you mean about classes online? Do you mean for your son to take when you move to Caribbean?

Can you explain more about job placement situation?
Hello, yes the classes online would be for my son due to that we are planning to move to Dominican republic, have you heard of any school that offres that?
Thanks so much for responding
Peter

Hi everyone,
has anybody heard of any school that offers high school online?
thanks
Peter :bowdown:

jash said:
Hello, yes the classes online would be for my son due to that we are planning to move to Dominican republic, have you heard of any school that offres that?
Thanks so much for responding
Peter

Peter, you said that your son had low reading level in your first posting. There are online programs online but how can he do it if he cannot read? I guess I need more information from you before I could help out. Have you looked into Dominican Republic for any deaf programs there? It would be easier for your son to learn via interaction with peers/teachers if he has a low reading level.

:dunno:

Meg said:
Peter, you said that your son had low reading level in your first posting. There are online programs online but how can he do it if he cannot read? I guess I need more information from you before I could help out. Have you looked into Dominican Republic for any deaf programs there? It would be easier for your son to learn via interaction with peers/teachers if he has a low reading level.

:dunno:
Hi Meg,
Yes his reading level is below grade average, the problem is that the schools they have to offer are in spanish, and unfortunately he is allready having a hard time with english so i want to keep him on english terms and not confuse him.
Maybe getting a english speaking tutor to help him?
Peter

jash said:
Hi Meg,
Yes his reading level is below grade average, the problem is that the schools they have to offer are in spanish, and unfortunately he is allready having a hard time with english so i want to keep him on english terms and not confuse him.
Maybe getting a english speaking tutor to help him?
Peter

Aww that explains it. Thanks!

Have you discussed with his school adminstrators to see if they have local resources for you? This is unique situation. Can he read lips if he gets an English speaking tutor to help him out?

Hi Meg,
yes his reading level is below grade average, maybe getting him a tutor would help. The problem with schools there is that they are in spanish and he already has a hard time with english, so I do not want to confuse him.
Thanks
Peter

Meg said:
Aww that explains it. Thanks!

Have you discussed with his school adminstrators to see if they have local resources for you? This is unique situation. Can he read lips if he gets an English speaking tutor to help him out?

Yes, he can understand if spoken slowly, I guess the problem is a lot more complicated than I thought myself, I will ask the school administartors to see what they know.

:wave: Jash welcome to AllDeaf & enjoy reading...

I believe that Meg is correct about online programs for him. I used to work for university through the onlines. Also, your son would probably be able to have tutor when you all move to other area to assist him to learn, I believe. Ok.

PurrMeow

Back