Santa, elf fired after refusing to pose with little girl and her service dog

It sounds like the group is going to make it up to the girl. I hope it turns out well for her so she can have a good experience to remember instead of the negative one.

It sounds like the group is going to make it up to the girl. I hope it turns out well for her so she can have a good experience to remember instead of the negative one.

Yes the store is going to made it up to the little but , I also posted this b/c of the dog name , how cute that is Pup cake. The jerk would not take a photo with the girl when the dog was removed , how cruel .

Awwww...

Said that the Santa has a fear of pit bulls. If that's true then, what to do?

if he (Santa) was allergic to or fearful of dog.... it's understandable. he shouldn't be fired for it. that would be a heartless thing to do to him.

Awwww...

Said that the Santa has a fear of pit bulls. If that's true then, what to do?

The dog was removed and Santa still refused to have a photo taken with the girl . That was why he was fired .

"According to a prior media release from the Pup-cake Facebook page, even after the dog was taken away, Santa refused to see the little girl...the rejection was understandably devastating to the child. "

The dog was removed and Santa still refused to have a photo taken with the girl . That was why he was fired .

Surreal.

According to a prior media release from the Pup-cake Facebook page, even after the dog was taken away, Santa refused to see the little girl...the rejection was understandably devastating to the child.

It's interesting to me that this information comes from Pupcake's Facebook page.

I wonder if they have set up any sort of funding page to garner emotionally motivated donations.

"According to a prior media release from the Pup-cake Facebook page, even after the dog was taken away, Santa refused to see the little girl...the rejection was understandably devastating to the child. "

Maybe Santa was fearful of little girls as well. That's understandable. Little girls are usually scary as hell. :lol: how lame :aw:

Maybe Santa was fearful of little girls as well. That's understandable. Little girls are usually scary as hell. :lol: how lame :aw:

I hope it was not b/c she had autistic. I will have to say I think it's odd using pitbulls for service dogs , they been given such a bad rap people are frighten of them. NEADS did not use and of the dogs that have a bad rap b/c they knew this would made even harder to go into public places with a service dogs. One place only trains labs b/c they're a very popular bred.
I went into a beauty supply store with my earing dog a black standard poodle and the woman freaked out and said I my dog can't come , I told her he a hearing dog and he can . A guy was there too and got BS , it turned out the woman was attacked by a dog and was very frighten of dogs after that. But that still is not reason to refuse a person with a service dog. I left my dog in my car and went back to the store. I could had reported the store b/c they were not letting anyone with a service dog come in.

I hope it was not b/c she had autistic. I will have to say I think it's odd using pitbulls for service dogs , they been given such a bad rap people are frighten of them. NEADS did not use and of the dogs that have a bad rap b/c they knew this would made even harder to go into public places with a service dogs. One place only trains labs b/c they're a very popular bred.
I went into a beauty supply store with my earing dog a black standard poodle and the woman freaked out and said I my dog can't come , I told her he a hearing dog and he can . A guy was there too and got BS , it turned out the woman was attacked by a dog and was very frighten of dogs after that. But that still is not reason to refuse a person with a service dog. I left my dog in my car and went back to the store. I could had reported the store b/c they were not letting anyone with a service dog come in.

I absolutely would have reported the store. I can get along without a service dog, but some people cannot and they would do the same thing to them and those people would not be able to just leave their dog in the car...not cool on the store's part

I absolutely would have reported the store. I can get along without a service dog, but some people cannot and they would do the same thing to them and those people would not be able to just leave their dog in the car...not cool on the store's part

I know but I did not have a witness , I was the only person in the store at the time . I do not know if the woman was the owner of the store ,or not. She should not be working in a place where service dogs are allowed to come in. I agree the woman was in the wrong .

As someone who is autistic myself and has a son who is autistic I do not like the fact many people are trying to use service dogs for any little problem or disability.

This makes it very hard for people with severe disabilities like the blind.

Service animals for autistic kids are nice it can stop hand flapping and bark and help the child from wandering. Problem is if your supervising your child these problems can be solved by parenting. I'm entitled to a "seeing eye dog" due to my disability and I'd love one but I am not going to get one because I know the more people who get them who are not blind and use it getting around are actually pissing off the general public and one day this ADA party will end let's keep the services for the people who actually need them

As someone who is autistic myself and has a son who is autistic I do not like the fact many people are trying to use service dogs for any little problem or disability.

This makes it very hard for people with severe disabilities like the blind.

Service animals for autistic kids are nice it can stop hand flapping and bark and help the child from wandering. Problem is if your supervising your child these problems can be solved by parenting. I'm entitled to a "seeing eye dog" due to my disability and I'd love one but I am not going to get one because I know the more people who get them who are not blind and use it getting around are actually pissing off the general public and one day this ADA party will end let's keep the services for the people who actually need them

Sorry but I have to disagree with you about "only" blind people being able to get a service dog. I do not have one myself but I do know people who have service dogs who would not be able to do much of anything without them. What about all the men and women who serve our country who come home without legs, arms or with severe brain injuries? Service dogs also have a huge positive impact on our vets suffering with PTSD.

it just amazing how many things service dogs can do/// they used for Epilepsy aswell..I met a pat dog some time back it was Pom this dog had something I no explain he was taken into hospitals help sick people

My first Rottie had her Therapy dog certification. This means that she was certified through the U.S.-based Therapy Dogs International to go and visit with sick people in hospitals or others in institutional settings.

Then there are dogs who actually officially take part in physical or occupational therapy sessions with patients, as opposed to sitting with the people and having the people pet them or talk to them.
This second is "Animal Assisted Therapy" and is considered something more than taking the pet visiting.
So the therapist might have the person brush the dog so they can work on motor skills with a bad arm, or re-learning how to hold something in their hand, like the grooming brush.
The people often enjoy it much more and are much happier to try something that might be hard or painful, because they're enjoying doing something with the animal.

There are also the medical alert dogs, who usually are separate from both of those above, because medical alert dogs are generally service dogs who have public access rights. So they can actually go into places of business and public transport. They alert people to conditions like low blood sugar, seizures, panic attacks and so.

So far as the OP, what a story! Once again, bias against certain types of dogs, and terrible that even -after - the dog wasn't with the kid, she still wasn't allowed to see the Santa.

Whole thing -:mad:

Never had to use one but I am a total fan for service dogs and I personally feel that they need to be treated and accepted with the highest respect. Just like many of you I've seen them in action, helping those who need them.

I have this one friend who gets seizures on occasion and because of the dog she is able to do a lot of things without having to worry about the surprise episode of her body acting up and potentially hurting herself further.

Service dogs are amazing. Sometimes it seems that they are much better to be around than humans that can help you since I've never seen a service dog have a "bad day," and be cranky. :). So I'd say unless it's harmful to the animal, let him in!

Back