React

Fabian

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you are having a nice day. This thread is with one purpose in mind " How to demostrate people what Deaf, HoH, deaf or hearing impaired is all about and their relation in the world?"
People complain that there isn't enough sources and documentation to let people know how many of us ( deaf, etc) feel, act, think and see the world, however, that is not reality. The real issue is that people DO NOT LOOK over if they are not persuade to do so nor are they interested in them. Is up to US to do the change for our community and be able to hit" some sense in people way of see us, but most do not realize it and believe they don't have nothing to do or a least, they can't. THAT IS NOT TRUE, you can do a lot of things to involve your community, from metting to acitvities that involve deaf matters. If you are a High school student and you are asked to do a research project and presentation about anything you want, that is your chance to let your voice be heard. Persuade people to understand YOU and to see that life is not easy yet you are standing and doing your best. There are many ways to persuade people bu doing so, specially if you do it from the heart, as a matter of fact you will basically teach them to finally listen, they will realize that after all, they were " deaf" not to have seen it before and now that they know what being deaf is all about they will grow an interest and will tell others and if you are capable you will form a strong bond with them. I have do it....it works. I have seen it... it works and here I am telling you...knowing it will work.
Most of us are shy, let's admit it, some of us are not granted the chance to let our thoughs be heard because of the shy, only by keeping away from it people will understand you and want to socialize with you more.
THE ONLY WAY FOR AN HEARING PERSON TO UNDERSTAND THE DEAF COMMUNITY IS NOT FROM A BOOK, NOR IS IT FROM THE NET, NOT EITHER THE AUDIOLOGIST, THE ONLY WAY IS TO HAVE IT EXPERIENCE IT FIRST WITH A DEAF PERSON. Believe it or not, the love you have for what you desire is what really make you earn it, if you want acceptance, then show you really want it, and there is nothing stoping you from doing it, NOTHING.
Once again, the message here is not that is your duty to do it, but that we all have a little responsabiltiy in making the change. Together is how we can achieve more.
Fabian

hi

hi fabian..i see you profile and it cathc my eyesight..what do u do living??my name rose,i m out-goin and Godly

shorty said:
hi fabian..i see you profile and it cathc my eyesight..what do u do living??my name rose,i m out-goin and Godly
I am a High School student. Nice to meet you Rose, feel free to contact me if you want to.

Hi

I'm a Bachelor, studied math ..Nice to meet you here..

I'm a foreigner :).. That is to say, English isn't my native language.. So it's not easy to understand long quotes written in English.. I tend to skip long quotes whenever I see them .. They make me :confused: Long quotes are like puzzles to me :)

Can you shorthen your quote a little ?

Again, welcome to AD :thumb:

ecevit said:
Hi

I'm a Bachelor, studied math ..Nice to meet you here..

I'm a foreigner :).. That is to say, English isn't my native language.. So it's not easy to understand long quotes written in English.. I tend to skip long quotes whenever I see them .. They make me :confused: Long quotes are like puzzles to me :)

Can you shorthen your quote a little ?

Again, welcome to AD :thumb:
Just read the last part, that is basically the point of the thread. Nice too meet you too. English isn't my native language either so I understand.

Sorry for the double post but lucky for me, the member REBA PM to offer me a edited and condesed version of my thread for those that do not like to read long notes. Tho I was the creator I do want to give credit to her for the help, so Thanks REBA.
... This thread is with one purpose in mind "How to show hearing people what Deaf, HoH, deaf or hearing impaired is all about, and their relation in the world."

The responsibility belongs to US (the Deaf community) to influence the way people see us. Most people don't realize it, or they don't know how, or they think that they can't do anything.

THAT IS NOT TRUE! You can do a lot of things to involve your community in
Deaf-related activities.

If you are a high school student you can do a class research project and presentation about a Deaf-related topic. You can use that opportunity to let your voice be heard. Persuade people to understand YOU and see that life is not easy, yet you are standing up and doing your best.

There are many ways to persuade people, specially if you do it from the heart. You can teach them to "listen". Hearing people will realize that they were "deaf" to your world.

As people begin to understand about what it means to be deaf, their interest will grow, and they will tell other hearing people. They and you can form a strong bond with each other.

I have done it . . . it works!

Most of us are shy, let's admit it. Some of us don't let our thoughs be heard because of shyness. Only by overcoming shyness, will people understand you and want to socialize with you more.

THE ONLY WAY FOR A HEARING PERSON TO UNDERSTAND THE DEAF COMMUNITY IS NOT FROM A BOOK, NOR FROM THE NET, NOR FROM AN AUDIOLOGIST--THE ONLY WAY IS TO EXPERIENCE IT FIRST WITH A DEAF PERSON.

Believe it or not, the love you have for what you desire is what really makes you earn it. If you want acceptance, then show you really want it, and there is nothing stopping you from doing it. NOTHING.

Once again, the message here is not that it is your duty to do it, but that we all have a little responsability in making the change. Together is how we can achieve more.

Back