Poor parenting!!!

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
i read that in our paper this morning,those dogs doing what is natural to do and got shot..very poor parenting

Thats how more stricter policy and rules comes in place, stupidity is at fault. Sad!

I would've jumped in after him if I was the parent, but I don't think that would've made a spit of difference in the kid's doom.

Why in the hell would you let a 2 yr old get so close??? Want him/her to see the animals closer? HOLD them close to you but don't DANGLE them! Why is that so hard? This could have been prevented and its sad to see such a beautiful child die with the last thing to ever feel is pain.

I understand accidents happen but theres this thing called common sense. There was a sign that had warnings, this mother was 34 years old she should of known better!

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the parents but what they did was beyond stupid. I can't see how the zoo would be at fault, or the animals for that matter. My heart goes out to all affected by this tragedy.

Laura

Some parents do the most stupidest things....and tragedy such as this is the result.....Feel sure the mother is and will always suffer the consequences of this happening to her child. No words will be of any comfort to her.....feel sure that she did not mean for this to happen....and to see her son being mauled and killed right before her eyes....simply horrific....She probably never, ever...be able to forgive herself.

As for the Dogs...yes, they need to be killed, inasmuch as it might not be their fault, they have already had a taste of human blood

I would've jumped in after him if I was the parent, but I don't think that would've made a spit of difference in the kid's doom.

I'd jump in no matter what .. even if it means my death.. just to save my kid .. I wouldnt want to be alive if my kid died cause of stupidity. my kid might be hurt from fall or first few bites but would be alive. knowing that would warm my heart ..... as I fight off those mangy mutts ... to last breath ....

First of all, if you are not a parent or never had a kid, do not comment at all. Please owned up as a parents before comment against other parents. Being parent is not as easy as you might think. I am sure other parents would agree with me.

I can understand why these parents put kids up too close for comfort. Sometimes kids went into fit causing embarrassment so sometimes parents break a bit to kill the tantrum. I have done similar but what I did that I hold my kid TIGHTLY making sure my kid don't fall or have my kid sit on my shoulder so my kid can see better.

As for the Dogs...yes, they need to be killed, inasmuch as it might not be their fault, they have already had a taste of human blood

They weren't killed because of the "taste of human blood." Only one was killed because it wouldn't retreat like the others. The dogs involved in the attack won't be put down because they didn't do anyone wrong.

Years ago I read about a man that used to "wrestle" with a bear that he had "trained." They used this animal in movies for stunts. One day the trainer wrestled with the bear and got bit, and died quickly from his wound. His cousin, who had also worked with the bear, fought to prevent the animal from being put down because when bears "play," they also bite and the animal was just doing what was in it's nature. If you "play" with an animal or interact with a wild beast - you assume the risk that you'll be harmed or possibly killed. The bear in this case wasn't destroyed.

Generally speaking the only time an animal will be killed is if it won't retreat (and hence can't be controlled) or it's an animal is overly agressive, has attacked more than one person and presents a danger to residents in the area because it's not fearful of humans. Sharkes have "tasted human blood" but shark attacks, despite the press coverage, are rare - and the sharks involved are typically not pursued for killing. Sharks can't see when they come in to bite and therefore can't tell the difference between a seal or a person swimming in the water. If swim in their waters, again, you assume a risk.

Laura

Back