Please help me! research!

cammyB

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, men and women!

Firstly my name is Chris and i'd like to thank you for taking time out to read my thread.
Im a 21 year old Uni student about to enter my final year of study, and am trying to gather some information about deaf people and driving. (learning to drive to be precise).
Learning to drive is a hard enough task as it is let alone being unable to communicate with a driving instructor as well as more fortunate people. So as a product idea, what would you think to a small device that could interact with yourselves and the instructor assuring you're both communicating the same signals. it would be a good way of boosting confidence for you and not only you, but your instructors too( there being a lack of instructors teaching deaf people to drive).
Any feedback would be great. Do you think a small device could be good for the instructor to have control of with another device linked through bluetooth that you can easily view whilst driving (perhaps attached in your eye line) to help assist teaching through the power of lights or illustrations indicating instructions such as check mirrors, etc. Thus being instead of sign language, which means you would have to turn your head, take your eyes off of the road and perhaps even have to stop. (Wasting valuable driving practise time)

Again any feedback would be great and thank you once again.

Chris :)

Hello. Sorry if you think i am here for quick answers.. Its what happens with Product research, asking the market. I have a design solution and am just simply asking for your opinions.
Thanks.
Chris

can't think of anything... I did fine without anything. the driver instructor would have to point where to go, gesture "park," "do the Y," "back up," etc.

with hearing driver and talking instructor is distracting anyway.

cammyB;1625335Learning to drive is a hard enough task as it is let alone being unable to communicate with a driving instructor as well as more fortunate people. [/QUOTE said:
I'm just curious what you mean by "more fortunate people"?

haha you think just because we're deaf we need a device to help us learn to drive? ...deaf drivers are prolly more aware of their surroundings than hearing drivers

Back