partial spy?

tuatara

pro-water
Premium Member
Reaction score
I noticed that you can set alldeaf spy to show only subscribed threads. I was wondering if it's possible to come at it from the other direction: If I want to see all threads except from specific sections. For example, I might want to see almost everything that's going on, but I'd rather not see excerpts of what people are writing in the after-hours section. Is that something that could be offered?

It would work that way if you just subscribe to everything except the ones you don't want, wouldn't it?

True. Although I was thinking that my subscribed threads are the things I'm **really** interested in, and i can see if there are new posts in those just by going to my control panel. I go to spy when I want to see what's going on all around the forum (maybe I've already looked at my main interests) but I still want to avoid a few specific areas. If I subscribe to everything else, I've lost the ability to differentiate between my main interests and the rest of the forum.

And anyway, wouldn't it be a bit of a job to subscribe to practically every thread? How would you keep up with new threads being created?

If you use the spy without being logged in, you won't see the Afterhours section.
It might take some coding tweaks to get it working the way you want it, not sure if Alex is willing to modify it unless there are more requests - you'll have to ask him directly.

Back