order to buy hearing aid

C

coloravalanche

I need your opinion about hearing aids...I remember reading thread somewhere in the past about a new hearing aid is good product to buy...I have an appt to see the audiologist next week and will order to get hearing aid...I would like to know which hearing aids are good product..

thanks!

hi :O)
i have theITE aids, but this summer i am getting the BTE hearing aids. mine are digital with 8 channels..if you would like more info on it, i can give it to :O)
shashi

If there is going to be a Deafnation expo in your area soon - you can go and check out a lot of the hearing aid companies and the new technology.

Well you really gotta experiment. Phonak and Oticons are wonderful aids to buy. Go with BTE or larger aids...If you don't have too much speech perception, try a body worn aid or a high frequncy transponder aid. Don't go for the old lady dinky aids...those SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shashi said:
hi :O)
i have theITE aids, but this summer i am getting the BTE hearing aids. mine are digital with 8 channels..if you would like more info on it, i can give it to :O)
shashi

Yeah..go ahead give me info about it...what does BTE stands for? :dunno:

Thanks!

MorriganTait said:
If there is going to be a Deafnation expo in your area soon - you can go and check out a lot of the hearing aid companies and the new technology.

It wont be here in Oklahoma...unfortunately...but I'll check into it though...thanks!

coloravalanche--have you decided between getting an analog aid vs a digital?

BTE stands for behide the ear!
This is what LMM have when she wears her.Then when she do wear it, She'll have it turn off. She hates sounds she can hear. She likes be Deaf.
LOL She wear hearing aid turn off when she go see her Dr.'s ENT. They tell her it's not doing any good turn off!
When she w/ Deaf friends she never puts her HA in!
LMM can't hear & understand speach w/ HA. Only loud sounds!

LMM

Back