One Family, Four cochlear implants

I know that couple, Doug and Mary Karol and they're very nice people.

I'm glad they are happy with their CIs.

CI isn't for me. CI is no big deal - so what - I have no interest in it. They feel that CI interests them a great deal.

Some people have big interest in something and some other people have no interest in something. Like music or swimming or CI or running or hiking or building a house or sports or etc. Everyone has different interests in something. That's why I have no interest in CI - CI is all about the sounds. Some people really care about the sounds and some other people don't really care about the sounds. I have a hearing aid and it works very well for me but really it's no big deal. The biggest deal to me is being here on this earth and being so healthy and having a GREAT life rather than CI being a big deal. CI is not my thing. THANK GOD that CI was not on the market at the time. WHEW!! I told my parents about my feelings. My parents didn't like the idea about the operation (knife, drill, etc). That made my parents stay away from going thru if it was on the market.

Anyhow, I'm glad that Mary Karol and Doug are very happy with their CIs that CIs are huge important part of their life. It's ok because it's their choice. - their big interest.

That's fascinating. I hope they do more articles to let us know how their progress is!

I think that Deaf culture is going to CHANGE....rather then it being the sole "property" of DODAs who only Sign, Deaf culture is going to become more welcoming to hoh folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applause: I love their attitudes! :applause:, especially being true within the deaf community, how they stated that, when communication with deaf people, they use ASL, when with hearing people, they speak and that they're still deaf with or without CI.

Back