NY man faces charges after tackling teen prankster

majority of 911 calls are based on false alarm. it happens. they don't get criminally charged. beside - this homeowner.... see profile on him - Daniel P. Van Plew Profile - Forbes.com

big money chasing bunch of hoodlums in his underwear. what does that say about the guy? above the law, perhaps?
I didn't say that you'd be criminally charged. I'm just saying that the 911 line is supposed to be for serious dangers only.

How is he above the law? It said, "He must answer the misdemeanor and violation charges in town court on Aug. 3."

You can be arrested for making non emergency calls to 911 or abusing it. It is for emergency use.

Woman Arrested for Making 911 Calls To Get a Husband

Woman Arrested for Making 911 Calls To Get a Husband
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 2:44:28 PM by Angela Kaye Mason

A woman from Alliance, Ohio landed herself three days in jail, after calling 911 five different times in search of a husband for herself. Although being lonely and looking for love is not a crime, calling 911 when you do not have an official emergency is.

Audrey Scott from Ohio spent three days in the Alliance jail, after calling 911 five times within one hour from her home, asking the emergency operator to get her a husband. The offense is a class four misdemeanor.

In the 911 call, Audrey Scott told the operator, “Get me that husband.” The operator responded, “You need a husband?” to which Scott answered, “Yes.” “You’re calling 911 to get a husband? Do you know you can get arrested for dialing 911?” The operator asked Scott. “Let’s do it.” Scott answered.

The operator then asked,”You want to get arrested for dialing 911?”and Scott answered, “Absolutely.” The 911 operator, Christi Klimes, laughed that all of her training had not prepared her for this. “We’ve heard everything, but then somebody like this comes along and you’re still like, ‘Oh my gosh, she did not just ask for that.”

Later in an interview with WHAS-TV, Scott reveled that she was intoxicated, and added that she has learned her lesson. The video can be seen below.

I didn't say that you'd be criminally charged. I'm just saying that the 911 line is supposed to be for serious dangers only.
not if you felt you're in danger even if it's false alarm. Banging on the doors in middle of night in some quiet rich town? Definitely 911-material.

How is he above the law? It said, "He must answer the misdemeanor and violation charges in town court on Aug. 3."
you're talking about post-incident. During the incident, he was mad. He knew what he saw. That's why he chased after him and dragged him back to his house. I don't know about you but I don't recall any self-defense law or related that will legally protect you from such action.

You can call 911 if you feel that you are in danger or harass by other neighbors or strangers so police will keep check on them.

Back