Next generation will actually begin in 2011 to 2012

Steel X

Reaction score
2012 actually sounds like a good time for the next generation to begin.

3 or 4 more years to wait until then at least plenty of games for Xbox360, Wii, and PS3 to try out then. :)

IGN: Next Consoles Expected in 2012

2011 will be very likely for successor of Xbox 360.

Nintendo might be the one to release early next generation, the graphics on the wii are well outdated and the system isn't powerful enough to cope with a number of the games the xbox 360 and PS3 are getting, such as bioshock and gears of war.

2011 would be 10 years of Xbox, it's big milestone for MS.

Next gen of Xbox would mostly likely to use Intel for both of CPU and GPU, GPU would use Larrabee, that what Intel is currently work on it.
Rumor: Intel vying for Larrabee chip in Xbox 720 - Joystiq

Intel rocks...

Perhas that would mean that the next Xbox console would have the 100% backwards compatablity to Xbox and Xbox360 games?

Who knows.

Perhas that would mean that the next Xbox console would have the 100% backwards compatablity to Xbox and Xbox360 games?

Who knows.

Xbox would be BC with next gen of Xbox without need emulate due x86 CPU but Xbox 360 need emulate because of PowerPC.

Xbox would be BC with next gen of Xbox without need emulate due x86 CPU but Xbox 360 need emulate because of PowerPC.

Sounds sweet.

sorry to say at the least, but emulation sucks! lol

I dunno, economic not going well and still influence the company and the people will change everything.

Nintendo might be the one to release early next generation, the graphics on the wii are well outdated and the system isn't powerful enough to cope with a number of the games the xbox 360 and PS3 are getting, such as bioshock and gears of war.

The Wii is still selling like hotcakes. People are still lining up to get their hands on Wii after more than 2 years of being on the market. They haven't dropped the price for the Wii at all because they don't need to since the sales haven't slowed down enough.

It's astonishing, really. I imagine Nintendo has a new video console in mind, but it's probably not going into production anytime soon because they are more than happy with how good the Wii is doing. As long as the Wii is popular, it's unlikely we will see a new video console from Nintendo for a while. If I was to make a guess, I would say at the earliest we'll get a hint of a new video console is at least a couple years away.

I doubt it either like Banjo says. Remember the Sony PS2 sold like hotcakes in the past? It has been around for a long time and still is selling, but probably not hotcakes anymore since Xbox 360. Wii and PS3 is here.

I doubt it either like Banjo says. Remember the Sony PS2 sold like hotcakes in the past? It has been around for a long time and still is selling, but probably not hotcakes anymore since Xbox 360. Wii and PS3 is here.

Right. Can you actually believe that the PS2 is still selling better than the PS3? lol

PS3 doesn't sell like hotcake, nor is Xbox 360 but Xbox 360 made better sale on history than PS3 does.

PS3 is just the beginning, keeping the customers away is the $$$ of the console!

Right. Can you actually believe that the PS2 is still selling better than the PS3? lol

Doesn't surprise me one bit, PS2 is an incredibly popular console. Each Sony console is designed for a 10-year lifecycle.

Xbox... well... it's a different story. Xbox died quickly after Xbox 360 came out. It was on the market for barely 5 years.

Back