New to everything

Lil_country_gal

Reaction score
Hey ya'll my name is Elaina and i am hard of hearing i noticed this year it got worse. I have lots of friends here who are hard of hearing so i do use asl when i'm with those friends and alot of my other friends know basic so i do use it ocasionally there. I'm a teenager in high school i'm a sophmore and yea i'm excited to get to talk to more people like me

SherryCherish said:
*rubs eyes* hard to read with green neon! haha, and Welcome to AD and enjoying here.
gotta amen with you there... :shock: *trying to pop my eyes out*

Sorry i love my green it's the only color i obsess about! and thanks for the warm welcome. I'm just wondering are their many other teens in here? cause i'm kinda wondering how they get through all the teasing and crap like that. cause i'm the only one of my friends that's get teased constantly because the people i hang out wih they don't have the greatest friends and if i'm signing to someone else they start making realyl stupid abnouxious gestures. so yea advice or other story's greatly appreciated

very bright neon green!!! *rubbing eyes*

:wave: welcome to AD Lil_country_gal -- enjoy ur stay! :D

Fly Free said:
very bright neon green!!! *rubbing eyes*

:wave: welcome to AD Lil_country_gal -- enjoy ur stay! :D
OK i promise no more neon green lol. so i'm still wondering are their any teenagers in here lol

hi elaina!...i think i maybe noticed a few teens around....but i am definately olde! lol my very olde eyes had trouble with reading neon green....i understand about teaseing cuz i was only hard of hearing kid in my school....yuck...but that was loooong time ago....1960's lol...

:wave: :welcome: to AllDeaf Lil_Country_Gal, I hope you will enjoy your stay on this forum. You will make a lot new friends, friends who will/are more understanding.

Those friends you mentioned, are not your friends at all, when they cannot accept you for who you are , or how you communicate. If it is within reason, you need to let them know that you come from a unique culture. As for your ASL, they need to understand through you that this is the way you communicate, through sign language, like they communicate orally.

If they are still ignorant towards who you are, then just ignore them, because "what goes around, comes around", then they will wish they hadn't mimmicked you or made fun of you, because in time, they may need your help.

Just hang in there, find friends who are more understanding and more accepting. I wish you the best of luck, and maybe you can ask them if they would like to learn to sign, I bet they will find it pretty neat.

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf Lil_country_gal! Hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!! ;)

Back