New to alldeaf etc.

tobetaxfree

Reaction score
Before I start, I hope I don't insult anyone by my ignorance of terms and culture. If I do, don't take it personally, but please let me know so I can change.
I am a hearing person trying to learn ASL. I have always wanted to learn it, but never took the time. My son was watching a show where people would sign as they talked. He picked up on the signs right away, and repeated them days later. He is hearing, and very bright. I felt like it would be awesome for him to learn ASL, as a second language. I was also told that in Cincinnati, they try to connect hearing children who are learning ASL with HOH/Deaf children. I think that would be great on all accounts. I am here to learn as much as I can so I will be asking a lot of questions.
Thanks a lot!

No offence taken. :) Welcome to AD and hope you find this place a very informative and friendly site. ;)

no offenses taken here either :D

:wave: welcome to AD tobetaxfree, enjoy ur stay! :D

I doubt that you've offended anyone here. :thumb:

If your son is hearing, then I think it's great that your son is learning signs quickly. ASL would be great for him since spoken English is his first language.

BTW... Welcome to AllDeaf! Enjoy your stay! :thumb:

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf tobetaxfree! (<<unique sn and am sure most of us can relate to that! ;) ) That would be awesome if your son was to be able to continue learing ASL and be able to correspond with Deaf/Hoh...I do hope you'll enjoy learing ASL as well, is there anyone related within the family or others that you may know that is Deaf/Hoh? Anyhow, enjoy reading and posting in here and that your stay will be a pleasant experience as well! :)

Back